Chael Sonnen continues verbal barrage on rival Anderson Silva

There aren’t many words Chael Sonnen believes are off limits when it comes to talking about a fight or trying to push someone into one, and the UFC middleweight contender continued to showcase that this week.

Sonnen, who defeated Brian Stann at UFC 136, tried to get an answer out of 185-pound champion Anderson Silva following his victory by calling “The Spider” out inside the Octagon. Sonnen issued a challenge for Super Bowl weekend in February, even adding the stipulation that if Silva lost, he had to leave the division, while a defeat by Sonnen would mean his exit from the UFC completely.

To date, Silva has not said anything, making Sonnen even more furious. Silva defeated Sonnen via fifth round submission last year in a championship bout.

“As far as the line, I don’t care. People tell me it shouldn’t be personal, well Jim it is personal. Okay? I’m picking a fight. If he has a problem with it, come do something about it,” said Sonnen, while a guest on the Jim Rome Show yesterday. “What doe he do? He called Dana White and tattled on me. Can you believe that? He told Uncle Dana that I said that and I went too far. Well, maybe I did. Guess what? Let’s get in the Octagon – the people’s forum – and settle this.”

Sonnen made comments concerning Silva’s wife in the lead-up to his bout with Stann. Those statements seem to have struck a nerve with Silva, as Sonnen said he would make her cook him a steak and slap her on the butt.

As for the stipulations Sonnen added, he says those had a time limit and have all-but expired.

“That offer was good when I made it, but it’s like any offer, you know, they’ve got to expire,” Sonnen said. “Apparently, they didn’t work. I’m doing anything I can to lure him out, and yes, I would have absolutely done that.”

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• Chael is certainly doing his usual fight hyping part and Anderson is doing his…he says nothing to the public and will probably even compliment Sonnen before all is said and done..and I have a feeling this bothers Chael…..he expects Anderson to get into a war of words with him and thats just not what the spider does….he wins spectacularly.
    I dont deny the possibility that Sonnen can grind Anderson out to a decision but a totally healthy Spider will submit him much faster than before.

• GIKE MOLDBERG says:

Chael is the man-Period-End of sentence

• Sykotick says:

GodDAMN I am sick of Chael!!
    How is it that this prick is so widely considered #2 in the world?! He a streak where his big was against Mardquart (impressive in my eyes but prolly not in Dana’s cuz Nate is a “choker”)gets a fight with Anderson and basically does what Georges St. Pierre does, but he is considered boring but Sonnen is the 2nd-coming-of-Christ-exciting!
    Well he didn’t exactly do what GSP does, cuz he lost. LOST! Got finished! Tapped!! Said Uncle! Quit! Pops dirty! He cheated! No matter what ANYONE days, you dont get suspended for following the rules. So anyways, he pops dirty, is inactive for a year, wins ONE fight and is given another crack at the title?! Fuck that logic and Fuck Chael Sonnets!!

• Angry Mike says:

Chael is hilarious, and his trash talk will make this fight even bigger. Dana has to be laughing his a$$ off.

• MickeyC says:

I dig the drama. Chael is all mouth, but backs up a large portion of the talk. Feb. a ways off though, could get old, if the fight even happens then.

Chael is a hump… he will get KO’d if he fights Silva again.

• GIKE MOLDBERG says:

Case in point-Chael attracts attention

Chael attracks attention in social media… when was the last time you bought a ppv or any mma related item because of chael sonnen??? Other then a silva rematch what other value does this hold..? Not much.