Bobby Lashley facing UFC veteran Tim Hague at Shark Fights 21

After seeing Ultimate Fighter 10 cast-member Darrill Schoonover pull out of a planned bout with Bobby Lashley for the Shark Fights heavyweight title due to injury, the promotion has announced a replacement for Schoonover in the form of Tim Hague.

Hague-Lashley will serve as the main event of Shark Fights 21 on November 11 from Lubbock, Texas and, regardless of the replacement, will still feature the organization’s heavyweight strap as a prize to be had by the winner.

In Hague, Lashley gets a former UFC fighter perhaps known best for his submission win over Pat Barry while competing inside the Octagon. At 13-5, Hague has meet some of the biggest names in the sport and has finished eleven of his foes. However, as intriguing as the fight may be in terms of a test for Lashley, the 28-year old Canadian said on his Twitter account Monday that the fight is not 100% set yet.

Lashley (6-1) rebounded from his first career loss to defeat John Ott at Titan FC 17 earlier this year. Lashley, a former WWE superstar, signed a multi-fight deal with Shark Fights a few months ago and will be making his debut under the company’s banner. In his seven professional appearances Lashley has already picked up wins over veterans Wes Sims and Bob Sapp.

No other match-ups have been announced for the show but are expected to be revealed over the coming weeks.

PHOTO CREDIT – STRIKEFORCE/UFC

• MCM says:

I’ve always thought Tim Hague was better than his UFC record indicates. I know he’s looking to get back to the UFC and it’s gonna be a harder road than last time. Beating Lashley may not be a huge feather in his cap, but at least he’ll be beating a “name” fighter and that always helps. Tim by KO round 2.

• fanoftna33 says:

Hope Tim is in shape here, Lashly may not want to take this though as Tim is quite a jump up in competition for him. I think Darrill probably would have beaten him also so it looks like a lose lose for Bobby.

Lashely needs to realize he’s not going anywhere in MMA and if he is doing it for money then he needs better mgnt becasue if your looking to get paid then get this guy some freaks how fights that are winnable and get him paid… Lashely is taking a huge chance here… I don’t see him winning.

If I was Lashely’s manager and Bobby said to me get me paid I don’t care who I fight I’d make the Batista fight happen… I’d rematch him with Bob Sapp and I’d try and get some NFL mma wannabes with some name recognition to match him up with or some mutants like DADA5000… get him paid and let him do his pro wrestling thing in between… I mean Bobby can’t think his career is going anywhere, the guy has been doing this for like 3 years and he’s made no advanacement. Give him freakshows get him paid and keep it moving.

• Guthookd says:

Here’s a freak show for you Rece – Minowa putting a fucking whoopin’ on Lashley. I’d watch that on New Years Eve.

On the other hand, Lashley vs. Ott was basically a freakshow where Lashley was the freak. I couldn’t believe how much damage Ott took from Lashley. Lashley outweighed him by like 2X. I hope OTT got paid good for that one.

Hague will be a test for sure, though I’m pickin’ Lashley by TKO GnP.

• fanoftna33 says:

Guthooked, Minowman is WAY to good for Lashly.

• Guthookd says:

LOL. It’s funny. I always hated Minowa and would just skip his fights (mainly becasue he rocks that silly mullett), then I got HDnet and was basically forced to watch a few because I’d actually paid for them. Now I look forward to his fights….he’s kind of classic.

They never actually put him in the mix, but he always gets some “special” opponent. A Lashley or a Sapp or Choi. What is even funnier though is that when they did give him a “real” opponent in the African Assassin, Minowa fucked him up Super Hulk style.

Fuck it, I’m a Minowaman fan.

• Guthookd says:

BTW – If anyone saw that Americana type shoulder lock Minowa pulled off in his last fight it was brilliant….he used his ankle from side control to bend the arm back. It was a different way of doing it that I’d never seen. It was sick.

• Guthookd says:

Needless to say I immediately applied the lock to my wife. She pinched me hella hard, but it was worth it.