Melvin Guillard collapses in tears backstage after loss to Joe Lauzon

As is the case with all televised productions, viewers never truly get a taste of everything involved when it comes to live UFC events. Those on the couch at home watch fights unfold with slick video packages in-between, while folks in the arena use downtime between bouts to head to the bathroom or buy a bubbly beverage.

However, thanks to video blogs such as the one Dana White produces with regularity, fans have been treated to a better picture of what goes on behind the scenes. White’s latest submission is no exception, offering a look at what takes place backstage moments after a match-up’s conclusion with UFC 136 being the focus.

In the blog, Melvin Guillard is shown breaking down emotionally after coming up short against Joe Lauzon, Anderson Silva rejoices with freshly victorious countryman Jose Aldo, Gray Maynard marinating in the disappointment of having lost to Frankie Edgar, and so much more.

Check out the must see entry below:

• JBAR says:

I have been here since this was just a blog written by Sam Caplan and the site has been through a lot of changes in that time. Some I liked and some not so much but this WWE shit is a bunch of crap. Sorry, I know this post has nothing to do with the article but neither does the WWE……..

• edub says:

I been off and on here for a long time too, but you gotta remember these guys gotta pay bills. Running a MMA website isn’t exactly a gold mine.

I did PBP for this event on LOWKICK, and all the talk on there was about how Melvin was going to destroy him. I advised everybody right before the round started that he needs to be real careful in the first because Joe is a monster early. He wasn’t, and paid the price for it.

Kind of feel bad for Guillard, but he did it to himself. He got caught up in the hype, and didn’t respect a notoriously dangerous fighter (especially in the first round). Now he has to put together another win streak. A fight between him and Jim Miller next would make a lot of sense.

• danw84 says:

I understand that bills need to be paid, but the way it’s being done…

I ignore the Ad space althought they probably could have placed in on the sites of the webpage oppose to the close of the story…My issue is that there is no longer a mobile version of the site and i have to sit there with my phone 5x as long as usual… and eve nwhen I use a PC to come on here at work it’s like the site takes forever to load up… I’m not complaining I’m just saying if things are going to change I just hope for the better… I JUST WANT MY FIVE OUNCES OF PAIN!

I also want to acknowledge that there is more and more content being up loaded then in the past which is a GREAT thing.

• Guthookd says:

I’d like it if they got the comment ratings back though….I thought that was a nice touch.

Whatever they do though, I’ll still come back. This is the only site that I post on.

• Guthookd says:

Oah, and I wish I could watch the vid here at work, but alas, they’d kick me in the nuts and stab me with a pencil.

• MCM says:

Guthookd says:
    “I don’t know how long I’ve been posting here, but I do know that I haven’t said anything that matters, ever.”

And bring back the p4p readers list too.

Is Nam Phan supplanting Joe Lauzon as the biggest nerd in the UFC?

• Angry Mike says:

Man, I wish I worked at place that would nut crush and pencil stab. There is a list of deserving individuals, let me tell yah.

I could live with the pro wrestling stuff if they’d bring back the “thumbs up/thumbs down” option. That was fun.

• No question about it…thumbs up thumbs down was one of my favorite features on this site…speakin of thumbs down…where’s mma logic been?

• THEGUNNER says:

Ha ha. At first I didnt like the new set up but didnt comment on it but its a lil better. Do miss the thumb up or down though.

• JBAR says:

I get it, I just don’t like it. Not going to stop me from coming to the site. I miss the thumbs up/down as well.

• Brendhan Conlan says:

Your concerns are not falling on deaf ears. Doing what I can.

• mu_shin says:

Thought this was a slightly voyeuristic but still really incredible backstage vision of the emotional side of the fight game. My heart went out to Guillard seeing him take the loss so hard, and don’t think anyone could look at Kenny Florian’s face and not feel his disappointment. Brian Stann took it like the soldier he is, and Gray Maynard’s embrace of his teammates said more than words.

Class all the way from Nam Phan, thanking Garcia the way he did, and seeing Chael Sonnen taking that shot with the kid almost made him seem like a native earthling…

Great video. Thanks for running it, and bring back the thumbs up/down, one of the reasons I always read Five Ounces of Pain and enjoy seeing how the knowledgeable posters here react to whatever small insights I might have from time to time…