Brock Lesnar says Alistair Overeem is coming into HIS house at UFC 141

In a little over two weeks, one of the biggest heavyweight battles in MMA – literally – will take place when Brock Lesnar and Alistair Overeem collide in the main event of UFC 141.

The show is set for Friday, December 30 rather than on Saturday due to New Year’s Eve and will emanate from Las Vegas. Adding even more intrigue to the headliner, the winner will earn a title shot against UFC heavyweight champ Junior dos Santos in 2012 after the affable Brazilian recovers from knee surgery.

“This is my home. The UFC is Brock Lesnar. I don’t care how many fights he’s had or where his career has been. This is my time. This is my house,” explained a motivated Lesnar in a recently released extended preview for the event.

Along with Lesnar-Overeem, fearless lightweights Nate Diaz and Donald Cerrone will meet in the co-main event.

Watch all four fighters talk about their upcoming match-ups in the UFC 141 Preview below:

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• GIKE MOLDBERG says:

Overeem looks like a juiced up MW next uo Brock-Hopefully Brock wins

• Im takin Brock too….I think the rush of Lesnar is going to freak the Reem out. That fight should be awesome while it last

But Cerrone Vs. Diaz is going to take FOTN and contend for fight of the year. Both guys are supremely talented on their feet AND on the ground. Cardio for days on both sides, and both used to be really slow starters but have recently kicked the habit.
    Another fight Im takin the bitch move card on. I cant/wont be able to pick a winner until both guys are staring at each other across the ring.

But I guarantee you i’ll be happy with the fight, either way.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

I think Lesnar will struggle to take Overeem down. I think his best bet is NOT to rush but to be smart and keep the Reem guessing. I think if Brock wins this it will be started from a standing strike. I think Overeem wins this easy though. His grappling is very good and his take down d is up there too. I think Lesnar can win but I really think that will be from a punch from nowhere.

• MickeyC says:

Unless Brock has improved his stand, he is done if they stay on their feet. Dude turtles up quicker than anyone on the planet. Brock needs to get Reem down and really work him over. Will be odd watching this on a Friday. Told my boss, I’m officially calling in.

Btn switching camps & managment, a sickly mother, traveling over seas, worrying about pissin hot and the fact that he’s in the main event this big i think the pressure is all on Reem…

I thinjk Brocks aggression will be enough to will thru early stand up barrage from Reem and he’ll get him down and either sub him or pound his face in. Think about how he reacted after his first loss to Mir… I gotta take Brock.

I think we see basically a similar performance to what took place during the Carwin fight but I think he’ll take less damage before flipping the switch.

BROCK!!

• Lord Faust says:

I would have said this would be a very close fight, if Overeem wasn’t flying all over the place, dealing with all sorts of crap. I don’t care who you are, I am sure he is not 100% focused; not that I blame him.

See Brock eating a few nasty punches, but pulling out a savage ground and pound win. The longer this fight goes, Overeem’s questionable gas tank becomes an issue.

• GIKE MOLDBERG says:

Brock is going to crush the can crusher

• climbarock says:

Big fan of Brock…dude always brings it, win or lose. I just don’t trust his chin. At some point I think Overeem hurts Brock and TKO’s him or submits him with a guillotine when he shoots in.

guillotine, with that neck? Brock will reverse into an F5. ;)

• Lord Faust says:

Haha, yeah I think Overeem would get tired just trying to find it.

If The Reem wins, I think he only route is via KO / TKO. I don’t see him submitting Brock, or wanting to grapple with him at all. I don’t think it’s possible to seem any less interested in grappling than Overeem was in his “fight” against Werdum. I would expect the same disinterest in this fight.

• edub says:

Grappling with Lesnar is a whole differnet world then grappling with Werdum. He just needs to be worried about being on bottom against Lesnar.

• Lord Faust says:

Yeah, that is what I meant; I should have specified wrestling. Just because Brock pulled off that triangle against a winded Carwin doesn’t mean I think he’s a black belt. If Overeem ends up on the bottom, yeah, he’s toast.

I’d like to see him working the knee feints like Diabate before his gameplan fell apart in his last fight. I’m not sure what else he could do against Brock’s shot.

• GIKE MOLDBERG says:

Brock by shollocking

• GIKE MOLDBERG says:

Cerrone versus Nate should have it’s own special-the weigh in alone is going to have to be seperated by massive security-UFC should be promoting the hell out of this match up-two dudes that don’t give a eff about anything but what’s in front of them at the time

• moosebaby02 says:

its so sad to see how many people think so lowly of Reem. Dont really like him that much but im a realist and a man with common sense. I see this for what it is and that is the Brock looking to cash in on a hight profile fight and wondering off in to distance. I dont care what he is done or doing to improve his game but you cant fix a glass chin. Its not like Reem is going to stand there like a deer in the headlights shitting his pants. He has been there and done that. Talking a tuff game, confidence and all has nothing on a solid punch to the face and we all have seen what happens when Brock gets hit in the face. Reem could be the next HW champion and this is a bitter pill for me to swallow