Vitor Belfort documents his training for Anthony Johnson

Vitor Belfort is excited to be returning to compete in his native country of Brazil.

Belfort, who will meet Anthony Johnson in the co-main event of UFC 142: Aldo vs. Mendes, is planning on giving fight fans an in-depth look at his training camps in the weeks leading up to the January 14 fight in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

“The Phenom” has not fought in Brazil since 1998, when he defeated Wanderlei Silva with a first round knockout in his light heavyweight debut. Belfort and Silva will coach opposite each other in 2012 during the first season of The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil. The two will square off following their coaching stint.

As for Johnson, Belfort says he has nothing to hide, adding, “You guys are going to have full access to my training camp. And I promise you guys, we’re going to put on a terrific show.”

The main event of UFC 142 will see Jose Aldo defend his UFC featherweight title against >Chad Mendes. Belfort-Johnson will serve as the pay-per-view co-main event for the evening.

Check out Belfort’s video below:

Belfort for the win

• Lord Faust says:

Yep, I’ve got Vitor winning this via rabbit punch. Err, I mean TKO.

• MCM says:

Rumble by GnP. As long as he can avoid Vitor’s punches to the back of his head, he takes this. If I were AJ, I’d shave an X on the back of my head as a reminder.

• Lord Faust says:

Big John uses Chuck Liddell’s haircut as the guideline, from what I recall. (Not exactly, but he said it was the best example he could think of.)

• MCM says:

Herb Dean said he imagines the fighters have headphones on. One of the many problems with reffing in MMA, no clear cut definition. All though I think it should be clear the punching the base of the skull is a no no. (Akiyama and Franklin)

• Lord Faust says:

I will admit, I didn’t even know why rabbit punches were such a big deal. Until I did some reading and learned that they’re called as such because, well, that’s how you kill a rabbit. Ever since then I’ve been a little less pissy about refs being “over-protective” regarding those types of blows.

• JabCrossHook says:

If anthony johnson couldn’t GnP Dan hardy to a TKO what makes you think he can do that against Vitor?

He will be eliminated by Vitor’s boxing…

• MCM says:

As far as I recall, Rumble didn’t ever try to GnP Hardy, he just wrestled him. I think if he went for the finish he could have easily gotten it against Dan and should against Belfort .

That and I hate Vitor.

• JabCrossHook says:

MCM, delusions are your enemy my friend, don’t let the hate get in the way of the logic. You hate Vitor because he accidentally punches people in the back of the head when he rocked them on the feet. I don’t think he does it on purpose but in the heat of the moment they’re moving their head around trying not to get hit, it happens.

If the GnP finish was that easy for Rumble he would’ve taken that opportunity.

• MCM says:

Oh, I’m not delusional. I’m fully cognizant of my bias. But it’s not just the punches to the back of the head. I don’t like hearing him talk, I don’t like the way people hang off his nuts with no real reason (IMO), I don’t like anything about the guy.
    Being aware of my bias, I’m also NOT going to put any money on Rumble. I’ll just be rooting for him.