Chael Sonnen: “If I was GSP or Jon Jones, I’d be swallowing real deep right now.”

Chael Sonnen seems to have had enough of Anderson Silva and the UFC middleweight title.

Sonnen, who will battle Mark Munoz to become the #1 contender to Silva on January 28 at UFC on FOX 2, has his sights set on facing off with another champion, or so he says during the first installment of Chael’s Corner for UFC Tonight on FUEL TV.

Sonnen is part of the weekly MMA show that will help highlight the UFC, including news, results and fight information courtesy of hosts Todd Harris and Kenny Florian. During his segment, Sonnen called out injured UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre and UFC light heavyweight champ Jon Jones, saying, “If I was GSP or Jones, I’d be swallowing real deep right now.”

UFC on FOX 2 takes place from Chicago, Illinois. Sonnen-Munoz will be the co-main event, while Rashad Evans and Phil Davis occupy the main event slot for the night.

Check out the video below:

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• adamsfamily says:

Despite how ludicrous he is I always get a kick out of watching him both fight and talk shit. However, I dont ever notice him calling out dan henderson – anyone know why that is?

• Lord Faust says:

I think they train together, or used to train together. Dan, I believe, picked Sonnen if the Silva rematch ever happens. (I could be wrong, I think it was a comment in response to being asked if he’d fight Anderson at middleweight.)

If I was Jon Jones I would definitely swallow real deep. “Ugh, I don’t wanna hurt this guy too bad….”

• Dufresne says:

I know Dan and Chael trained together back when Henderson was at Team Quest, so I think LF is spot on.

I’d love to see Chael fight GSP or Jones. If he cuts enough to make it down to WW his cardio will be awful and GSP will eat his lunch. If he steps in the cage with Jones he’s gonna get mugged, no matter how much muscle he puts on.

• Lord Faust says:

How do you pull a blast double on a guy who starts the fight on his knees?

• jasonah says:

Randy couture,Dan Henderson,Matt lindland,Chael Sonnen, were the original members of Team Quest.HMMMM Olympic caliber Wrestlers ? This old news at best.

• Creature says:

Chael always cracks me up, and sure knows how to stir things up a bit, but the rematch with Silva needs to happen, GSP has Condit/Diaz already and id like to see Hendo fight Jones rather than Chael,

But who knows? Chael and Dan are friends and he knows Hendo has really wanted a rematch with Anderson. Maybe hes letting Dan get the Silva rematch hes been asking for for the past 3 years and hopes to take Dans place as #1 contender after Rashad

• drstu says:

Henderson doesn’t have a belt why would he call him out?

• Screenplaya says:

I am not excited to see Chael getting a high profile as the UFC moves to FOX to raise the profile of the sport. They need to make sure that they counterbalance his circus act with the very respectful behaviour that the vast majority of fighters associated with the UFC in particular, and MMA in general.

I just don’t want to see mainstream sports media picking up on his shenanigans and equivocating the sport with Sonnen’s buffonery.

• Lord Faust says:

I don’t think his schtick is so bad, except when he gets crude and says stupid things like wanting to slap Anderson’s wife’s ass. That’s just too much. I can handle his absurdist claims — such as being “the linear champion” — but being vulgar and crass, not so much.

He’s supposed to walk out with CM Punk (chicago)… should get a huge pop from the hometown fans.

• Hohlraum says: