Anthony Johnson: “I’m gonna break Vitor. I’m gonna break him.”

There’s no doubt Anthony Johnson will be entering this weekend’s bout against Vitor Belfort as an underdog. At 10-3, and coming up from welterweight with a lack of experience against world class competition, chances are very few people in general will be giving “Rumble” the benefit of the doubt where pulling out a win is concerned considering Belfort’s past success and championship glory.

However, Johnson doesn’t need others’ assurance in terms of his ability to come out with his hand raised. After all, he’s got plenty of it coming from himself and his training partners at the Blackzilian camp in Florida.

“I’m gonna break Vitor. I’m gonna break him,” said the 27-year old Johnson in a video from Authentic Sports Management profiling his preparation for Saturday night’s UFC 142: Aldo vs. Mendes festivities.

“I’m not saying this fight is gonna be easy, but you know what? I bet it won’t be harder than what I go through at training,” Johnson explained while referring to teammates like Melvin Guillard and Rashad Evans.

Johnson also revealed his intent to keep constant pressure on Belfort throughout while throwing strikes.

“Vitor hasn’t seen that in his camp, I guarantee it. He doesn’t have these coaches that I have. He doesn’t have the caliber of training partners that I have. He doesn’t have the talent that I have.”

Belfort-Johnson will take place as part of the UFC 142 main card, an event headlined by Jose Aldo defending his featherweight title against unbeaten Californian Chad Mendes.

Check out the complete video from Johnson below:

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• Well good for him on havin the self belief. I wont write this kid off because I see him as a future champion if he continues on his current path, but he’s not used to lookin at people his own size or with the insane hand speed of The Phenom….this could get ugly…either way.

• MCM says:

Rumble KO rd1.
    I honestly feel that if AJ can side step that early bum rush from Vitor, he’s gonna put a hurting on him.

• fanoftna33 says:

I think this fight goes into round 3 where we see Rumble taking Vitor down repeatedly and never really exchanging on the feet ( a lot like when Vitor fought Tito). Would be exciting if Rumble stays standing but with so much on the line for him I dont see it happening.

• JabCrossHook says:

Kos dropped Rumple with a punch, what will happen if Vitor just clips him?

• Lord Faust says:

He’ll be able to tell us what the canvas smells like. (Hint: blood and broken pride.)

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Watch out Anthony, Vitors on the Dolce diet.

I just think Rumble has so much more on the line that he will be looking to finish that fight quick and be willing to let loose asap… Either way I don’t see it last more then a round and a half.

• Dangerous says:

When did Kos drop Rumble? I remember Rumble catching Kos with a 2 punch combo that dropped him and faking an eye poke as well. I think Rumble’s gonna beat Vitor. he looks more focused than ever, doesn’t have to cut too much weight which won’t kill his cardio, and he has more ways to win. The Phenom is amazing and could win this fight but Rumble is kind of a bad match up for him. Can’t wait to see this fight as well as the main event…..Let’s get it Rumble and Jose Aldo!!!!!