Brandon Vera out for revenge against Thiago Silva

Now that Thiago Silva‘s yearlong suspension for steroid use has run out his last opponent, Brandon Vera, has some not-so-kind words for him

Vera, who originally lost a bout to Silva back at UFC 125, settled for a “No Contest” after Silva tested positive for a banned substance.However, with the suspension now expired, Vera has wasted no time in calling him out for a rematch.

“I just heard my dear friend Thiago Silva is back…..I want that ass, (no homo),” Vera posted Monday morning on his Twitter account.

“The Truth” picked up a victory over Eliot Marshall at UFC 137 despite suffering a broken arm in the hotly contested bout. The fight marked his first back since originally being cut from the UFC following the Silva loss but the UFC decided to give him one more chance to due Silva’s positive test.

It remains to be seen if the UFC will place Vera and Silva inside the Octagon again though it would certainly be a marketable match-up given the history and personal animosity between the two.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• Lord Faust says:

Maybe this is what Vera needs to light a fire under his ass. I don’t know if the fight ends any differently, though. Juice or no, Thiago is a monster.

• GIKE MOLDBERG says:

Vera must want to get cut from the UFC on an extremely violent note

• Creature says:

If vera can improve on his TDD i think he has a legit shot, if i remember correctly Vera was getting the better of the stand of exchanges, then Silva took him down and smashed his face.

• stone says:

I’d like to see the rematch… I’d also like to see Vera KO Silva… I wouldn’t put any money on it but, BoY!, would that be awesome

• fanoftna33 says:

I would be rooting for Vera against Silva here, he should get a chance to even the score up a bit, and as for tdd he has very good tdd but must have really thought Silva would stand with him last fight but this time he should be ready.

• MCM says:

I remember reading an article where Vera was talking about how the incident in 08 where he was held at gun point affected him more than he was willing to admit. If I recall, he said it wasn’t until he was released by the UFC that he realized how much that had really changed his outlook on life. I hope he’s seen someone to quiet the few demons he still had going on inside him, cause when he’s on point, he’s one of the cleanest strikers in the division.
    I say give him the rematch.

• Lord Faust says:

That would make a lot of sense. There’s no way his legal spat with his manager took the drive out of him. I always wondered where the fire went.`