Mo Lawal: “I will do whatever is necessary to get to the bottom of this.”

Former Strikeforce light heavyweight champ Muhammed Lawal took some lumps from fans and media yesterday after the NSAC revealed he had tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in relation a January 7 bout against Lorenz Larkin. Lawal has since responded to the commission’s findings and, rather than admit wrongdoing or even the possibility of unknowingly ingesting something illegal, he’s defending his name by flatly denying the result.

“I’m very surprised about this,” said Lawal in a conversation with ESPN. “I am very careful about what I put into my body. I’ve never tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug. I’ve gone through, and still welcome, Olympic-style testing.”

Lawal’s next fight will apparently take place behind the scenes rather than in the center of a cage as he plans to investigate the matter and hopefully figure out what happened.

“I will do whatever is necessary to get to the bottom of this,” Lawal continued. “I’m not a cheater. I might cheat at video games, but I never cheat at fighting.”

As is customary procedure, “King Mo” reserves the right to appeal his pending suspension/fine and will clearly do so as implied by his statements to ESPN. If he fails he will likely be looking at 9-12 months on the sidelines as well as losing a significant chunk of his paycheck from the win over Larkin.

PHOTO CREDIT – STRIKEFORCE

• Lord Faust says:

Later on he will write a book called “If I Did It”.

• thumbs up Lord Faust….thumbs up

• Niv says:

Holy crap that is a huge pet peeve of mine, cheaters at video games. That bugs me beyond belief that people are so pathetic they need to cheat at video games, if you do that why wouldn’t you cheat at something like your competitive profession?

• Brendhan Conlan says:

Something that I immediately noticed was that Lawal says, “I’ve never tested positive for a PED.” He doesn’t say, “I’ve never used a PED.”

Good eye Bren…

I think this whole PEDs thing is hilarious when it comes to Mo because he talks so much shit and disses the fans and is a know it all… FUCK YOU MO and your Righteous banter… tell your story walking fool.

• fitfreak says:

That was my thought when I read that Brendhan. It sounds like a half truth if I ever heard one…