Bellator headed to Texas in March with lightweight tournament quarterfinals

Bellator FC will return to Texas for Bellator 62 on March 23 from the Laredo Energy Arena in Laredo, Texas. The event will showcase the opening round of the Season 6 Lightweight Tournament.

The eight men slated for action in the tourney include Patricky “Pitbull” Freire, Lloyd Woodward, Rick Hawn, Ricardo Tirloni, Brent Weedman, J.J. Ambrose, Rene Nazare, and Thiago Michel. The last man standing will receive a $100,000 paycheck and a shot at 155-pound champion Michael Chandler.

“Laredo has been on our radar for three years now and I’ve always believed that it could be a spectacular location for a large-scale, nationally and internationally televised Bellator event,” said Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney. “This lightweight field is so loaded with talent and world class competitors that this event should be explosive from start to finish.”

Bellator 62 will be shown live on MTV2, with the prelims streaming live on Spike’s website.

• Sykotick says:

Bellator in my hometown!!! It’s about damned time Laredo got some MMA!!!!!

• hindsightufuk says:

fucking love Bellator, even with the influx of UFC events recentley i still miss my dose. even miss the prelims

• Sykotick says:

I agree hindsight, something about BFC events just wakes my ass up. It’s almost like a lot of those fighters are hungrier for a win then others.

Brendhan is this event close to you? If so Is 5oz getting some “live from the event “coverage?

• Kamakosmo says:

Weird…a Bellator article and NO mention of Warmachine? Something’s not right here. BTW, he’s going back to jail. WAR Warmachine (douche-bag LOL)

• Brendhan Conlan says:

Laredo is like a four-hour drive from Austin so I don’t think I’ll be heading there for this show. Wish they’d come back here or even to San Antonio again.

• Damn this tourney looks awesome, but I really wish Eddie would’ve jumped in on it. I wanted to see him against some of these guys after he lost that last fight.