Pat Barry scheduled to scrap with Lavar Johnson at UFC on FOX 3

A bout between two of the heavyweight division’s knockout artists has been booked for the UFC’s return to network television, as the organization has announced affable kickboxer Pat Barry will battle Strikeforce veteran Lavar Johnson on May 5 at UFC on FOX 3.

Johnson made a name for himself last weekend at UFC on FOX 2 where he blasted Joey Beltran into the stratosphere with a series of brutal uppercuts, winning Knockout of the Night as a result. The victory snapped a two-fight losing streak for Johnson who holds an overall record of 16-5 including fourteen TKOs.

Barry had a similar showing in his previous Octagon appearance as well, knocking out Christian Morecraft in the first frame of their January 20 fight on FX. The strike-based stoppage was Barry’s sixth in his seven total wins.

UFC on FOX 3 is scheduled to take place in East Rutherford, New Jersey and will feature a main card clash between lightweights Jim Miller-Nate Diaz. No word was given on whether Barry-Johnson would also be on the FOX broadcast or shown during the prelims.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• Angry Mike says:

This should be a great striking contest. I give the advantage to Barry because of experience and Johnson’s cardio. I think Barry has more gas in the tank.

• Lord Faust says:

I think Barry takes this, although being so short he’s at the correct height for some brutal uppercuts.

Either way, this should be another one of those exciting striker battles.

• moosebaby02 says:

Great match up. Like both of them but tipping my change too Johnson

• This should be hella fun to watch….unless Lavar eats three legs kicks and wrestles the whole time.

• hindsightufuk says:

not the main card tho, please not the main card again. not another sloppy heavyweight fight on network TV. with the abundance of talent they have, they could host an amazingly skilled fight, but no, fat fucking pat barry. i was impressed by Lavar in the last fight mainly because i seen him fight before lacking any kind of cardio, so the fact tghat he was still throwing bombs after a few minutes was different.
    guy has an interesting background as well if anyone gives a shit

Barry will chop Lavar down and get a UD… call me crazy but I see him doing what he did to Beltran and Lavar won’t know what to do but push forward and keep eating punishing leg kicks… neither guy getting inside long enough for a KO/TKO… Matter of fact I wouldn’t be surprised if Barry chops him down and some how if it ends up on the ground he chokes Johnson out…

DeathClutch never die!

• Screenplaya says:

I am with Rece Rock on this. I am actually going to predict Barry chops him down and then submits him. He said he won’t cut his hair (except on the side) until he submits someone, so I think he will do it to Big Johnson.