UFC on FX 3 receives Brandon Vera-Thiago Silva II

Brandon Vera will get his chance to avenge a controversial loss Thiago Silva, as the UFC announced a rematch between the two talented 205ers will take place May 15 at an event expected to be named as UFC on FX 3.

Last year, Silva sent “The Truth” packing from the UFC after pummeling him in their bout. However, in the post-fight drug testing it was revealed Silva submitted doctored urine in hopes of masking his use of performance enhancing drugs. Silva was suspended for a year and Vera allowed another shot inside the Octagon.

Vera (12-5) took advantage of his break, defeating Eliot Marshall and calling out Silva (15-2) for a rematch as soon as Silva was cleared to return by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

It was not made known if the bout would serve as the main event for the evening, but it is likely to be placed on the main card. The only other match-up reported for the card is a bout between Tom Lawlor-Jason MacDonald.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• Jmad says:

uh oh, be careful what you wish for Brandon. I think Thiago is gonna whoop him again, but I wouldn’t mind seeing Vera get the win, just don’t think it’ll happen.

• Lord Faust says:

Looks like Thiago left Vera’s noise out of joint, literally and figuratively. Heeeyo.

• Lord Faust says:

*nose, damnit!!

• MCM says:

Here’s hoping Vera has his shit straightened out. I like watching him fight when he’s on point, and I think he can give fits to anyone in the division. I’m pulling for him, but not betting on him.

• Lord Faust says:

I’m in the same boat, MCM. It’s been shocking, seeing so much potential go by the wayside.

• moosebaby02 says:

Silva wins this again. Don’t see Vera gettting anywere close to sneaking by

• As I stated before the first fight and I’ll say it again…I hope they knock each other out. both guys are exciting, but I just dont like either of them.

• Dufresne says:

A completely healthy non-roid Thiago v a well focused and motivated Vera could be a very good match. I just can’t count on Vera to ever show up focused when it counts. And since there’s a good chance he’ll get canned if he loses, I think Vera gets beat again.

• stone says:

I’m pulling for Vera… I’ve always liked his fighting style… I wish Jon Jones would’ve kept that fight standing, shit would’ve been epic!

• MCM says: