Cung Le anticipating an Octagon appearance in 2012

Cung Les UFC debut did not go as planned for the 39-year-old fighter. However, that doesn’t mean Le is going to slip into retirement just because he came up short in November.

On his Twitter account, Le hinted that he hopes to head back to the Octagon sooner than later, writing, “I’ll be ready to fight soon,” before adding that his plan was for a return this year. No names or dates were mentioned.

Le’s fight came at UFC 139 against Wanderlei Silva who handed him a loss, and a broken nose, for his efforts. The bout was awarded a Fight of the Night distinction as the two exchanged in a serious all-out-brawl for nearly ten minutes before Silva stopped Le with strikes.

PHOTO CREDIT – STRIKEFORCE/UFC

Hey if I got over 300K for my last fight I’d be lobbying for another fight on twitter as well. Give him another striker and regardless of the out come we will get our money worth.

• MCM says:

I know it’s a step down, but I’d like to see him against Bisping. Hopefully Le shows up in shape for his next fight.

• fitfreak says:

MCM, that sounds like a great matchup, as long as Le shows up with enough cardio to keep up.

• fitfreak says:

The only problem is, I think Bisping will want a fight with a top 10 middleweight for his next match.

• Two words….Alan Belcher

• G-DUB says:

This fidget has no place in the UFC. It’s a joke. He might have been a martial artist 7 years ago, but now he’s an actor pretending to be an athlete. He got destroyed by a broken-down axe-murderer that was one fight away from a mandated mercy retirement …. why would you put him up against anyone in the top 20 at MW?? If he laid off the pizza and cookies, perhaps he could be legitimate as at 170 … or even 155. However, we all know he doesn’t have the motivation or the gumption to do so. He should continue to make his straight-to-video movies …. it’s what he does best.

• MCM says:

I see what you’re getting at GDUB, but it was only two fights earlier that Wandy beat Bisping. It’s partly that tie in and the fact that Bisping has never beaten a top 10 opponent, that makes me wanna see this fight. Although I agree that the Count will only want top fighters, I think this is a fun match up and could be a co-headliner.

Did you mean to type “fighter” instead of “fidget”? Cause I like “fidget” better. :)

• G-DUB says:

Solid point MCM….when you look at Wandy’s recent record, it’s hard to believe that he has a win against Bisping. Head-scratcher. I’m scared for him taking on Belfort …. it could be life threatening.
    As for Cunt Le, I generally don’t condone fights with no purpose other than sheer entertainment. Bisping has nothing to gain by fighting the Fidget …. and yes, I did mean fidget ;)

• LiverPunch says:

I would give him Stann, Maia or Franklin

• MCM says:

Good call on Franklin as an opponent. He needs to move back down to MW anyway and at this point isn’t ranked like Stann and Maia are. It would also be a good striking battle like the Bisping fight without running the risk of taking out a top contender.