twitter google

Roger Gracie reportedly signs with the UFC

The UFC continues to pluck talent from the Strikeforce roster as Roger Gracie was recently announced as having signed to compete inside the Octagon. An opponent for the 30 year old Gracie was not announced and a date for his debut is still unknown as well.

Gracie suffered the first loss of his MMA career in his most recent bout with former Strikeforce champion Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal earning a knockout victory over him this past September. Along with a 4-1 mark in MMA, Gracie is also 65-7 while competing in Brazilian jiu-jitsu and submission grappling events during his career.

“Roger Gracie signs with UFC, might train with Anderson Silva before his first bout,” GRACIEMAG posted on its Twitter site late Friday night.

Gracie had recently been linked to a move down in divisions though nothing was mentioned in terms of whether or not his change to the UFC will affect those plans.

PHOTO CREDIT – STRIKEFORCE

3 COMMENTS
  • Rece Rock says:

    After Tim Kennedy was barking about being stagnant last week I wonder if he sees this as a possble opportunity that he gets grabbed or as a slap in the face for not being bought over sooner

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  • MMA-LOGIC says:

    Put him against Maia straight away. He is MW now isnt he?

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  • MCM says:

    Dana White says “Not true.”

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

LEAVE A COMMENT!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Follow 5OZ