Brian Stann interested in mixing it up with Michael Bisping

UFC middleweight Brian Stann may already have his hands full with preparing for action against Alessio Sakara at UFC on Fuel 2 in April but it appears his mind is on a different 185-pound peer. Though Stann isn’t overlooking Sakara, if he has his way he’ll exit the bout in good health and ready for a fast turnaround in hopes of taking on Michael Bisping at some point this year.

Stann’s issue with Bisping stems from comments the Brit recently made regarding the former Marine’s ability, criticizing his performance against Chael Sonnen when the two faced off in October.

“He called me a ‘white belt’ and said that I was ‘exposed’ so I’d love to see him put his money where his mouth is,” explained Stann in an interview with ESNewsReporting. “We can fight and we can solve that.”

As far as how he’d approach Bisping in a fight, Stann kept it simple, replying, “I wouldn’t try to do anything but walk straight through him with a right hand.”

Bisping has remained relatively quiet since losing a hard-fought decision to Sonnen in late January. The defeat snapped his string of four consecutive wins.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

“I wouldn’t try to do anything but walk straight through him with a right hand.”- B.Stann

umm didn’t mayhem throw over hand rights at Bisping like it was going out of style hoping for a Hendoesque finish… sorry Stann not a good game plan.

• Lord Faust says:

I think I’d take Bisping in that fight. Stann’s a good man and a good fighter but, heel factor aside, Bisping has proven to be more well-rounded.

• JabCrossHook says:

Stann is mad because Bisping did a lot better against Sonnen than he did.

• MCM says:

I’m not sure Stann is gonna get through Sakara. If we believe the hype, he should, but I won’t count out Sakara. As for Bisping, I’d like to see him stay within the top 5 or so. I wish he would have gotten Vitor, but maybe a bout with Okami if he gets by Boetsch or bring Rich Franklin back to 185.

• hindsightufuk says:

yeah i quite fancy Alessio over Stann, Alessio is a top boxer, i think he may be able to take it.
    Bisping/Stann makes sense though

• Creature says:

I must admit i LOLd at the Hendo fight reference, and honestly id take Stann to win, i think he would tko Bisping. Comparing Mayhem to Stann when it comes to stand up is just absurd, Brian has better technique and MUCH more power than Mayhem does

• Lord Faust says:

Yeah, I don’t think Dana White ever stated Stann’s stand-up looked “worse than a soccer mom after he first tae-bo class.”

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Bisping might be too quick for Stann on the feet and too slick on the ground. Bisping via dec if it happens.