“Rampage” Jackson blames weight on injury, says he’ll “slap” Rich Franklin next time he sees him

Quinton “Rampage” Jackson wasn’t in the best of moods following Friday’s weigh-ins for UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson. Jackson, who will meet Ryan Bader in the co-main event, missed weight after tipping the scales at 211 pounds.

Bader agreed to the fight at a catchweight, with “Rampage” forking over 20 percent of his purse to “Darth.”

During an interview on Fuel TV’s weigh-in special, Jackson reported suffering an injury during training that kept him from doing his normal workouts. While he wouldn’t go into detail what the injury was, Jackson seemed quite upset.

Earlier in the show, guest analyst Rich Franklin said that missing weight by just a few pounds meant Jackson wasn’t taking the fight serious. Those were fighting words, as far as “Rampage” was concerned.

“Rich Franklin needs to watch his mouth before I smack him the next time I see him,” said Jackson, who reported on Twitter some four hours before the weigh-ins that he was still six pounds over. “He should watch what he says. You don’t question if a fighter is taking a fight seriously or not. I take all my fights seriously. I’m tired of people saying that.”

Jackson (32-9) will be trying to get back on track after a submission loss to Jon Jones in 2011 in a fight for the UFC light heavyweight title. Bader (13-2) is coming off a knockout victory over Jason Brilz.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC/LEXANI

• Lord Faust says:

Injured and missed weight. Yep, going with Bader by decision. Good luck Rampage.

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

I love to hear Rampage talk trash but, he really hasn’t had any impressive fights in a while.

Not sure if he is content to just show up and get paid or what. He is still getting paid for what he did in PRIDE.

He says same thing before every fight any more. I’m sure we would all like to see Rampage of old who went out and flattened people. Im not sure that person exists any more. Seems he is putting up a front to keep the interest in him up so he still gets the higher pay grade.

I hope I am wrong and he puts a beating on Bader but, not holding my breath.

• hindsightufuk says:

out of principle i wont put money on Bader though it doesnt look good for any fighter admitting hehas an injury while going into a fight after missing weight (unless your Thiago Alves)
    Rampage should be fighting someone like Rich Franklin at this stage anyway, not Ryan Bader, i sitll dont get it, Rampage should be on money making super fights at this stage of his career, not fighting ryan fucking bader

• Yourdaddydevilandlord says:

Weight is a funny thing. If you look at that picture, you wouldn’t think that ‘Page outweighs Bader by 6 pounds at all, if anything you would say 10 lbs in Ryan’s favor.

• Cool…make that happen…Franklin vs. Rampage would be epic.

• Lord Faust says:

I would definitely love to see that fight.

• jasonah says:

Any Body catch this, Sounds like Rampage Is going to try to set up some bad blood Scenario with Rich.It sounds like a big money fight To me.Rampage want’s to fight strikers not Wrestlers.But I don’t like Ritch’s chances in this one. I think he would Bring it until he got KOed. but sounds like a risky fight for both guy’s at this point.