UFC President Dana White nearly missed his first UFC show in eleven years to help push Saturday night’s Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey lineup further towards perfection. However, after finding out many of his ideas and plans had been nixed, White decided to end any future work with the promotion and remain 100% behind the UFC.
According to the outspoken White, he was planning on skipping Friday’s UFC on FX: Alves vs. Kampmann card in Australia to help make sure things went smoothly in the states.
“I’ll never make that mistake again,” said White, in an interview with MMAJunkie. “UFC is what I am and where I should have been.”
White added that he didn’t even get the respect of a call from Showtime executives shooting his suggestions down, saying one of his underlings instead received notice his ideas would not be implemented at last night’s event.
“So I said, ‘F*ck them,'” White concluded, criticizing the company’s choice to take advice from someone with less experience than him in the MMA business.
It remains unclear what White had in mind in terms of changes, but he was very critical of the production that Showtime put forth for the event. He did say that as long as Zuffa owned Strikeforce they would continue putting together high-caliber fights but that he would no longer offer his own input in production decisions.
PHOTO CREDIT – TRIUMPH UNITED