Quinton Jackson says next fight in the UFC will be his last under the company’s banner

Shortly after losing his bout to Ryan Bader at UFC 144, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson came forward to acknowledge he’d used testosterone to help heal an injured knee and discovered the treatment made him feel so good health-wise he expected to fight for a few more years. While his plan may not have changed since then it looks like his professional home will be.

Jackson went on Twitter last night to reveal he intended to leave the UFC after his next outing inside the Octagon based on personal reasons.

“I will fight who ever they put n front of me, I always have, but it will be my last fight in the UFC, I have other things on my mind,” wrote the 33-year old former champion. “I didn’t say I would be done fighting, I just said I’m not fighting for the UFC (u fight cheap).”

The outspoken light heavyweight also added he felt the UFC was a negative environment and he wanted to surround himself with positivity though he didn’t elaborate beyond those statements.

If “Rampage” is indeed done with the UFC, far from a given when considering the current MMA landscape and the ability to change his mind, he will exit the organization with a 7-4 record (not counting his next fight) and wins over Chuck Liddell, Wanderlei Silva, Lyoto Machida, and Dan Henderson.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

If he thinks UFC is under paying him then what the hell does he think he’s getting from any other mma promotion? anyways maybe he wants to finish his career in Japan go fight iin DREAM or One FC? Either way it’s a piss poor attitude for a guy whom came in over weight, started TRT, has lost 2 in a row, had all those past issues with the promotion from the ATeam shit all the way back to his road rage break down… I mean I dont know what goes on behind the scenes and what is pissing him off but he could have approached this more professionally all thing considered, he isn’t exactly a model employee.

• Yourdaddydevilandlord says:

Good idea ‘page, go fight cans and freakshow fights in Japan. Go be in Fanta commercials with Marty Friedman and Akebono. Someone wants a piece of Bob Sapp!! Hahaha.

• Lord Faust says:

Oh, so it went from “I just want to put on a show in Japan” to “I ain’t gettin’ paid enough.”

I’m done following this clown. I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes but the UFC’s done a lot for Quinton; I don’t know where his head is at these days — and I don’t care.

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

Rampage is just another athlete who has the physical tools to be among the elite at his chosen sport but, his mental makeup prevents him from ever reaching his full potential.

Yes he is a former champ at 205 and for a brief time it could be argued he was top lhw in the world but, after losing his first title defense and going off the rails he just hasn’t been the same.

Maybe he can go back to Japan and fight cans like Fedor and after smashing a few of them they can have a super fight for a belt made from smashed Pepsi cans and bottle caps .

Wish him best of luck and no matter what think he is best trash talker in MMA.

• AlphaOmega says:

The last couple days his tweets have been nothing but talking about how he’s letting the positive take over, and letting it flow through his blood, and getting rid of the negative. Then he said he was reborn and done with the UFC and their negative and being cheap. I’m curious if Bader didn’t hit him too hard, or if it’s something else chemically..

• Lord Faust says:

Maybe he’s back on his 3 day Red Bull binges.

• Richard Stabone says:

5 times a night. Straight up.

• GIKE MOLDBERG says:

This is a perfect example of a side effect that occurs in all professions, when an employee starts to get paid an amount beyond comfortable, they can tend to become unthankful

• Mad Hatter…it was his second title defense. But yeah I dont know what the hell is up with Rampage lately….I’d never confuse him for the smartest person out there, but lately….

• Lord Faust says:

Rampage is that guy who would complain about how you folded the $20 you gave him.

• MCM says:

Quinton living up to his name….WAAAmpage.

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

Forgot about Hendo fight until about a minute after hitting submit — big DOH!

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Look at them turn.
    How dare Rampage complain about conditions! The fans on this site know far better. Its not as if Werdum, Hendo, Randy, Tito, BJ, Fitch, Arlovski, Sylvia, F.Shamrock, Barnett, K.Shamrock, Golden Glory and many many others have had issues with pay and conditions before. I mean how dare he.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

I just wish these fighters would bend over and take it like men. I mean I like ALL THE FANS ON THIS SITE dont really know whats really going on but geez Im going to take Dana and the UFCs side no matter what. Hendo was in the wrong and not good enough anymore, Fitch should have just signed his soul over like every other fighter, Werdum sucked as was dropped even though that wasnt the case and Randy didnt really mean it.
    Its just a shame that all other orgs are crushed so fighters have no option…or do they?

No there’s very lil options out there unless Bellator becomes a huge success in 2013 and explodes in size of operation and increase # of shows and seasons… I mean your right there’s 2 sides to every story but there’s only one promotion to work for if you wanna fight consistently and not have to worry about getting paid timely.

• Lord Faust says:

I don’t have to take “Dana’s side” to think Rampage is being an irrational crybaby. That much is obvious.

• AlphaOmega says:

Logic do you honestly think at this point in Rampage’s career he can go out to another organization that’s not UFC, and probably not strikeforce, and make how much hes making now?

• MCM says:

I agree with LOGIC, ya’ll are just Zuffa lackies.
    – Ignore the fact that Rampage was given an unwarranted title shot simple because he asked for it.
    – Ignore the fact that he was paid to be on National TV to boost his won popularity even though he was a horrible coach. Twice.
    – Ignore the fact that he was too immature to take care of his own body that he wound up going on an out of control, property smashing debacle and that the UFC stood by him the whole time and even helped with the legal issues.
    – Ignore the fact that he QUIT one of the most hyped and potentially biggest PPV’s in the company to go shoot a crappy movie, only to be welcomed back by the same company he bailed on.
    – Ignore the fact that was given a fight on a PPV and a cut of it’s revenue simply because it took place in Japan and he wanted on it. Only to then miss weight, admit to using performance enhancing drugs, and then go on to bad mouth the very company that gave him everything he wanted.

Then ignore the fact that nobody on this site has ever said anything negative about Rampage (*ahem MCM ahem*), and LOGIC is absolutely correct, you guys are sheep.

• hindsightufuk says:

i love me some Rampage

• TSU21 says:

Well its kinda of clear something happen soon after the fight bc he said he wanted to fight well past 35 but Im a true die hard Rampage fan since back in his pride days and its getting harder and harder for me to root for this guy, I love watching him but I see other champions like GSP and Edger that put in the work and think, why cant this guy do the same….

• Lord Faust says:

MCM with the TKO.

• MickeyC says:

Of corse there are fighters that are not happy with their work conditions. Same as any one that works at any job. Of corse they are going to have disagreements with their boss, who doesn’t. I don’t car if you are Vice president of the US, or some terd rangling plumber. that aspect of ones job does not change reguardless of occupation.