Chael Sonnen offers fake apology to Anderson Silva

During Tuesday night’s episode of UFC Tonight it appeared outspoken middleweight Chael Sonnen had a change of heart regarding rival Anderson Silva.

Sonnen, who is scheduled to face Silva for the title later this year, read a letter of apology he’d written for “The Spider” based on all the remarks he’d made in the past about the dynamic Brazilian. However, as soon as the letter concluded, the real Sonnen surfaced once again.

“Anderson, over the last several months, I’ve disparaged your name in an attempt to garner respect and attention for my own. That was wrong and I apologize,” said Sonnen. “I wish no further confrontation with you in the Octagon or through the media. In short, I surrender.”

Sonnen signed off before quickly adding, “P.S. I changed my mind. Anderson, you can kiss my ass.”

Silva and Sonnen are set to meet up this June in Brazil if all the paperwork can be completed for the card to take place.

Check out the complete video Sonnen below:

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• Lord Faust says:

Love the reaction picture from Silva. Priceless.

• Brendhan Conlan says:

One of my favorites to use on Chael-related stuff. I believe the actual look is from Silva being silly on the scale, acting as though he might not make weight.

• Awesome….I hope Silva actually turns around and talks a little trash this time. I think someone talkin trash to chael might freak him out a little bit. I want this fight to happen as soon as they can book it so I can either hear Chael shut up once and for all or witness history as the greatest middleweight(and fighter IMO) of all time gets dethroned.

I see the former happening.

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

I love Chael. He always makes me laugh with his pro wrestling style promos. If he beats Silva then we will never hear the end of his talking.

This was corny… Chaels antics are stale.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

How bout you apologise to the guys you turned rat on. You do the crime, you do the time. You dont get off by turning rat. I think he will beat Silva but god I hope he puts a beating on this clown.

• hindsightufuk says:

just wish he’d shut up, can’t believe the amount of support he gets. guy is a cock, good fighter (not great), but an utter cock

• Kamakosmo says:

Shocked it took you almost a day MMA-Logic to shred Sonnen.

This fight (UFC 147 probably) will go down the same way as last time IMHO. While I do think Sonnen will get a few takedowns, Silva will finish the fight in the same fashion, just much much earlier.