Urijah Faber bringing Team Alpha Male to Las Vegas for TUF 15

While most fans know Urijah Faber as a former WEC champion and one of the most popular fighters on the UFC rosters, others are aware of the bantamweight’s accomplishments off-camera as the in-gym general at Team Alpha Male where he’s helped develop a number of fighters into top-level talent. Faber will attempt a similar feat starting Friday night as one of the coaches on the Ultimate Fighter 15 opposite rival Dominick Cruz.

To assist in polishing the pugilists he picks into potential winners Faber will transplant his camp from California into the UFC Training Center for the season’s taping meaning the very men who will help him prepare for an eventual title-shot against Cruz are going to be intimately involved with his TUF team as well.

When asked about his assistant coaches on the show in an interview with the UFC’s website, Faber listed off a number of familiar names known in some cases for teaching and others for taking to opponents.

Master Thong, Fabio Prado, Dustin Akbari, Justin Buchholz, Lance Palmer. And then my guys, Chad Mendes and Joseph (Benavidez) and Danny Castillo and T.J. Dillashaw, they’ll be coming out to help out as well, and I’ll probably have some guests coming in, different specialists that will come in and add their two cents and give these guys some cool techniques and stuff like that,” revealed Faber.

However, Faber also knows it isn’t just about his team back home over the coming season but the one he creates in Las Vegas.

“For me, I get a lot of exposure for myself, my team, my guys. Three months is a long time, and every week you have a bunch of viewers watching us and seeing how we interact and who we are and stuff like that,” the 32-year old explained. “But it’s also an opportunity to help out another group of guys. I’ve been a guy who’s been able to scout talent since I got in this game before it was even really popular, and I think I’m gonna be able to help out here as well, so I’m excited about that. It’s gonna be fun to help another group of guys reach their goals and do big things.”

Things kick off at 9:00 PM EST on FX with a two-and-half hour special featuring all of the qualifying fights, highlighting the fact this will be the first version of the long-running season with live action every week.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

Fri, Mar 09……… 7p / 6c 10p / 9c……….. Bellator 60 !

• Brendhan Conlan says:

I think that could be as much promo work for the show as Bellator has done. Was shocked there was no commercial for it during Caged.

Agreed Brendhan… I have seriously only thought about the new season when I heard about TUF in articles and that’s not a good thing…. my last memories of BFC is a HW kick to the gonads that ruined a tourney and there superstar LW losing his strap.

• Brendhan Conlan says:

I promise that if I received a press release from Bellator hyping the card or featuring quotes from Warren/Curran let alone Shamar Bailey, Sean McCorkle, etc. you would have seen something on here. Baffles me.

• hindsightufuk says:

fuck Shamar Bailey and Sean McCorkle, BFC 60 has an awesome line up.
    title fight aside Alexandre Bezerra is an incredibley violent man with incredibley violet BJJ, his fight with Genair will be great. Marlon Sandro back against a solid Roberto Vargas, gonna be another great fight.
    plus Ronnie Mann is back, one of the best UK talents for years.
    this is an 11 fight megathon, i hope all the rpelims are being aired again cos thats where the likes of Bezerra made his name. i’m so fucking pumped to see this kid fight again
    and the arm collector is back the following week. the whole season gets me slight wood

• hindsightufuk says:

sorry used the word back to many times