Quinton Jackson continues his “rampage” against the UFC

If you thought popular light heavyweight Quinton Jackson was done taking the UFC to task on Twitter, you thought wrong. “Rampage” was back at it again this morning where he elaborated more on his displeasure with the world’s foremost MMA promotion and gave some insight into what he had planned next.

“Let me clear things up for my fans…I’m upset cause I’ve been fighting hurt for a few years now cause I have kids and for ya’ll,” wrote Jackson. “The UFC knew I was hurt and almost every fight I was hurt, but instead of saying thanks for not pulling out they talk sh*t about a poor job I did. I never missed weight, but when I do, nobody stops for a second to ask if I was hurt.”

Jackson spoke some about the financial side of things, changing his tune in terms of his problem with what he was being paid based on the hit his bank account will likely take by leaving.

“I’m not complaining about money cause I’m about to make a lot less money now, but at least the people I fight for will appreciate what I do for MMA,” said the former light heavyweight champion.

The upset 33-year old also added he hadn’t been happy with matchmaking either, seeking opponents who want to fight rather than score points.

“Why? So I can keep being under-promoted and given leg-humpers who just want to take me down all the time instead of havin a show,” Jackson asked a fan who plead for him to reconsider his stance. Jackson’s previous opponent, Ryan Bader, scored a decision victory in large part based on his high-level grappling rather than beating Jackson in any other phase of the fight.

As far as what he has planned next, Jackson said his immediate focus would be on getting healthy, possibly returning to Hollywood after his success with The A-Team, and then looking at his in-ring options in terms of a future match-up.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• AlphaOmega says:

To me I read that and think that he’s wanting special attention. He’s not the only fighter who fights hurt, and does he tell them that he’s hurt before hand? Or does he wait until they do make a comment about how bad he looked and then say oh well I was hurt.

• AlphaOmega says:

Also didn’t he say during the Bones and Rashad fight that he’s never been healthier, that he was the fittest Rampage ever and he felt great? And then afterwards when people were saying he looked like crap say he was hurt, wonder if he’s been hanging out with tito.

• Kamakosmo says:

“Also didn’t he say during the Bones and Rashad fight….”

Ummmm…did I miss something?

• THEGUNNER says:

Weak.its sad to watch a grown man cry about the life hes chosen to live. If I cried every time I had a job and my boss didnt give a shit about me id be a pretty unhappy person every day.

• Lord Faust says:

Fuck this guy.

Let him sit on the shelf, don’t answer his calls, let the deal expire and let him live in dreamland full-time.

Dude’s gone back on so many comments I wonder if he’s part of the Romney campaign.

• Brendhan Conlan says:

RE: Kamakosmo

I think AlphaOmega meant Jackson’s comments came before HIS fights with Jones/Evans (not during the actual Jones-Evans fight scheduled for next month).

• Lord Faust says:

On a slightly more serious note, considering these outbursts, is Quinton really the sort of guy who needs to be messing with his hormone levels?

• AlphaOmega says:

Ya sorry I didn’t think that they were fighting soon so it might be thought of that way.

• G-DUB says:

What an embarrassment. I’m glad Dana White has kept quiet on the subject and let this guy screw himself into the ground all by himself. Seriously, Rampage’s black and white view on the world ( ….not racially-speaking …. opinion-based) screams of someone with some sort of mental disorder. He probably should go get diagnosed, but I don’t put much stock in him having the self-awareness to do so.

• Brendhan Conlan says:

Speaking of embarrassment, while I don’t see us doing an actual article on this here’s a link to 20 seconds of “Rampage” rapping in Japan:

• Lord Faust says:

Oh god, I was afraid that might have been recorded. “King of doggy style”, indeed.

• Richard Stabone says:

When Rampage decided to do the A-Team bullshit, that really accelerated his decline, both individually in the fight game and his relationship with the UFC. He was already on the wrong side of 30, and instead of putting 100% of his focus on fighting, with a chance to get right back in the title picture before his (age) window closed, he instead opted to dick around with a movie.

So by that point he had clearly pissed off the UFC brass, and if he was expecting any sort of preferential after that (or even completely *fair* treatment; we all know Dana is not above holding a grudge), it was foolish & wishful thinking on his part.

• Angry Mike says:

As long as he delivers ppv buys, Zuffa will cut him slack. But as his career winds down, he won’t be a big draw, and he won’t get any more slack. It’s a dog-eat-dog world, and Rampage is wearing meat loaf underwear. Just like the rest of us.

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

I think his main medical issue is Tito Ortiz syndrome.

Main symptoms are bold sweeping statements about being in best shape of life then,after having ass handed to us complain for week, months or even years about hurt they were and they did it all for us fans.
    Also other symptom is loudly complaining about UFC not paying them enough while earning main event money and getting out worked by guys fighting on non televised fights.

Cure: STFU and retire

• MickeyC says:

I read that he was offered a bunch of over seas comercial offers while in Japan. Which may not be a bad play for him if he can get out of his contract. Huge U.S stars make upwards of 500,000 for a days work on a commercial, that will never be seen in the U.S.They Love Rampage in Japan. I would not be suprised at all if this were the case.