Stephan Bonnar faces off with Forrest Griffin for a third time

No, the two 205-pounders who set the world on fire with their exciting, company-making clash at the first Ultimate Fighter Finale in history will not be fighting for a third time. Rather, former light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin and fan-favorite Stephan Bonnar recently went toe-to-toe again but this time over espresso while discussing a variety of MMA-related topics.

The segment was part of last week’s episode of UFC Tonight where the two comically-gifted competitors discussed things ranging from who might beat Jon Jones, their appreciation of Dominick Cruz’s style, why it can pay to be a jerk, and much more.

Bonnar also recounted a humorous story about being out with Griffin one night where a fan began ranting about their first fight being a beatdown without realizing “The American Psycho” was standing right there in front of him, while Griffin laughed at his performance against Anderson Silva, crediting the loss as conquering any fear he has of getting embarrassed in the cage by a future opponent.

Check out the full video below:

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• AlphaOmega says:

I like both of them a lot, their personalities are awesome, I just wish they were a little more consistent as fighters.

• Dufresne says:

I guess it brings a bit of symmetry to Forrest’s career if he does retire after this match. Started in the UFC against Bonnar, ends against Bonnar.

But other than that it makes no sense to me at all. Forrest has already beaten Bonnar twice, and the second time was much more decisive than the first. This can’t even be called a rubber match. I would have rather seen Forrest/Tito 3 since Tito is planning on retiring and they’re 1-1 with both being pretty close fights.

• Richard Stabone says:

My gut says Bonnar will win this 3rd fight. Both guys are obviously gamers, but Forrest seems on his way out at this point, while Bonnar still seems to have his head in the game a bit more.

Yeah, that’s a lot of anecdotal gibberish on my part, but I’d add that Forrest was simply broken by that debacle against Anderson.

• AlphaOmega says:

Um.. the first sentence says that they aren’t fighting for the 3rd time guys..

• Richard Stabone says:

Eh, oh well. I’d rather talk about the prospect of a 3rd fight than them shooting the breeze over espresso.

• Brendhan Conlan says:

Sorry for any confusion. Thought the first sentence would explain the headline. lol

• MickeyC says:

HAHA you guys crack me up. But this is a matchup I could see the UFC putting togeather. Would be nice on a TUFF finale.

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

UFC should have a semi regular segment where these two just sit and talk UFC current events. Both guys are smart and witty and have good on screen chemistry due to really being friends.

Maybe on UFC weekly show once a month. Just buy them a few beers and let camera roll.