Ratings stay stagnant for latest episode of The Ultimate Fighter 15

The third episode of The Ultimate Fighter 15 hit 1.2 million viewers according to multiple industry sources.

The show featured a live fight between Team Cruz top draft pick Justin Lawrence and Team Faber’s third pick, Cristiano Marcello. Lawrence earned the victory, scoring a second round knockout. Dominick Cruz and his fighters are a perfect 2-0 through the opening two fights, as Urijah Faber‘s team has yet to claim a victory.

The debut of TUF 15 reached 1.3 million viewers while the second episode hit 1.1 million. This is the first season to feature live fights and also the first on FX, though ratings-wise the show has done as good or worse as previous incarnations.

The series will try to do better tomorrow night when Al Iaquinta of Team Faber takes on Myles Jury from Team Cruz.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

and DW will continue to pretend he’s very comfortable with the ratings

• MCM says:

Maybe if they actually aired it LIVE in two of the biggest MMA markets (L.A. and Vegas) they would get more viewers. That and put it back on Wed. so I can have my MMA night when nothing else is on.

& hopefully next year a Bellator/ Spike reality mma show will make UFC step it up a bit… I think it’s Friday night that’s killing them… I don’t watch it live I DVR it, I’m assuming others do as well.

• G-DUB says:

Did Zuffa seriously expect a significantly increased interest level with the live fight? Yes, it does add a better element to the show, but it’s essentially the same exact thing. Also, any added benefit is squashed by shows running over, thereby cutting off the last 5 to 10 minutes for DVRing viewers ( … like me). Both weeks, I’ve had to watch the conclusion on the web. I get that they’re worried about a quick KO and 10 minutes of dead air time, but they need to figure out how to tighten this up.

• Lord Faust says:

I love it when the show runs over. It’s totally worth a few extra heavy-bag session montages, even if I have to find out the next week’s fight on text recaps.

Hey GDUB check your settings my Cable provider allows me to adjust recording so I can record up to 10 mins before and after the programming I’m DVR’n…. check and see if you have similar capabilities.

• THEGUNNER says:

I also think its the friday night thats killing it. By 10 on friday night everyone is doing something.

• Brendhan Conlan says:

I’m doing something – watching Bellator and TUF 15. lol Gotta keep the masses (and myself) informed!

• hindsightufuk says:

i gave up on it, TUF Brazil all the way

• G-DUB says:

Yup RR, thanks. Necessary adjustments have been made.