Muhammed Lawal admits his mistake in outburst against NSAC

Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal seems to be going on the defensive as of late after his remarks concerning the Nevada State Athletic Commission and Pat Sundvall.

The brunt of Lawal’s outrage came after Sundvall asked him during a recent hearing if he could read and understand the English language. The former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion took that to heart, especially being a college graduate, and labeled her a “racist bitch”. However, it seems that Sundvall was trying to get to the root of why Lawal declared himself health if suffering from a knee injury.

After a few days to think about it, Lawal issued a formal apology in an interview with CSN Bay Area News, Lawal issued a formal apology for his remarks towards Sundvall.

“The thing is, when it comes down to it, I’m gonna be real; I was out of line for calling the woman the b-word,” Lawal said. “I was wrong for that. I was kinda mad by the comments, I was offended by the comments made towards me, and I was outta line. I was too emotional. But, you know, I apologize for that.”

Lawal’s comments are what likely lead to his release from Strikeforce shortly after making them. Despite the apology, Lawal still seems a little upset, adding, “I still feel I was offended, but I’m in the wrong for what I said.”

“King Mo” was handed a fine and a nine-month suspension, along with having a win over Lorenz Larkin changed to a No Contest, due to his positive hit for steroid use. It remains to be seen what is in store for Lawal going forward organization-wise though in the immediate future he will be recovering from a life-threatening staph infection in his knee.

PHOTO CREDIT – STRIKEFORCE

• MickeyC says:

Poor Mo,looks like runnin his mouth finally screwed him. dont get me wrong, Id have set her staight too, but you’d think he’d have been smart enough to forsee how he did it blowing up in his face. unless dude goes to japan wit rampage hes not gettin a job ANY where with out anger managment classes LOL.

• MickeyC says:

Hell maybe rampage should attack somebody, might be able to get out of that las UFC fight.

• AlphaOmega says:

That’s the worst apology every

• Angry Mike says:

Mo needs to remember how to play the victim card. if he had just called her racist, then he’s a victim and she’s a bad person. But when he called her a bitch, he made her a victim. she should demand an apology, scoring even more points. At that point, the two victim cards cancel each other out, or she’s ahead on points because he had to apologize. Mo could even it up and take the lead again by suggesting he had an injury, which is a physical disability, and she’s biased against the disabled. If he has ADHD or dyslexia, he could throw them in, too. A long shot but potentially effective ploy would be to suggest that she’s criticizing him because of his first name, and that makes her biased against Moslems.

At the end of the day, though, she holds the trump card. In an interview she can burst into tears and claim that she is the victim of domestic violence or abuse as a child and that his accusations have caused her to relive it all. She then beats Mo and retires on a disability.

• Lord Faust says:

I’m OK with people forgetting how to play the victim.

• Angry Mike says:

Me, too. But if you’re going to stoop to cliche, P.C. bullshit, you should do it right.