Tom DeBlass steps in to face Cyrille Diabate at UFC on Fuel 2

Ring of Combat champion and undefeated UFC newcomer Tom DeBlass will make his debut inside the Octagon later this month. DeBlass (7-0) recently revealed himself as a replacement for the injured Jorgen Kruth at UFC on Fuel 2, taking on Cyrille Diabate.

The card, scheduled for April 14 from Stockholm, Sweden, will see the main card televised by Fuel TV and the prelims likely streaming on Facebook where the bout will take place.

DeBlass turned pro in 2010 and has defeated the likes of former UFC fighter Sean Salmon and Mike Stewart. He has four stoppage victories in seven wins. Meanwhile, Diabate (17-8-1) has split his four UFC bouts. After going 10-1 in an eleven-fight period he has since found himself stuck in a 1-2 mark.

UFC on Fuel 2 is headlined by Alexander Gustafsson taking on Thiago Silva and is highlighted by other bouts like Paulo Thiago-Siyar Bahadurzada and Brian Stann-Alessio Sakara.

PHOTO CREDIT – ROC/UFC

• MCM says:

The interwebz are blowing up about Overeem failing a testosterone test and possibly being pulled from his fight with JDS, and THIS is the article your posting!?

• Sykotick says:

Correct mcm, and I’m hearing talk that Frank Mir and Cain are both being tossed around as replacements solely because Dana had no plan b.

• Brendhan Conlan says:

As much as I’d love to be able to dedicate 100% of my time to writing SOMETIMES a story occurs while I’m at my other job. Patience, young padawan!

• Sykotick says:

Brendhan, if you need help, I just got laid off so I got time lol I could help you out.

• MCM says:

This here’s America Brendhan. We don’t take time off for births, sickness or vacations. We invented fast food, microwave ovens, and day trading. Hell we even take our politics in sound bytes instead of well reasoned thought. Patience is for the rest of the world. I want my MMA news NOW!

• Brendhan Conlan says:

We’re working on the 5 Oz. Cybernetic Implant so hopefully we’ll be uploading news directly into your brain shortly, thus eliminating the need to even waste time READING the articles. Technology should be ready right about the same time the thumbs up/down option gets fixed.