Dana White praises Muhammed Lawal for reaching out to NSAC official

It appears the door is not completely closed on former Strikeforce light heavyweight champ Muhammed Lawal competing for Zuffa again. Lawal was recently suspended and released in the past few weeks. Initially he was dealt a nine-month suspension by the Nevada State Athletic Commission for failing a post-fight drug test. After the hearing, Lawal went off on Twitter against NSAC official Pat Lundvall, calling her a “racist bitch” after she’d questioned his ability to comprehend English.

UFC President Dana White quickly cut Lawal from his contract after the remarks, but it appears the emotional executive has already envisioned the possibility of “King Mo” rejoining the organization.

“We’ll see how this whole thing goes down,” said White in an interview with MMAJunkie. “The fact that he called her and reached out to her, I mean, that’s what he should have done. It’s respectable. I respect that.”

The 8-1 Lawal’s personality and aggressive style of grappling made him a quick fan-favorite, positioning him among the group of fighters at the head of the Strikeforce pack. He will be eligible for reinstatement in September but is currently recovering from a serious staph infection with the process possibly keeping him out beyond the fall.

PHOTO CREDIT – STRIKEFORCE

• AlphaOmega says:

Looks like MCM’s going to be right, he will end up in the UFC after being suspended.

• Lord Faust says:

I assumed as much, also. That’s one way to get out of a Strikeforce contract.

No way the UFC doesn’t scoop up another reasonably well known fighter.

• MCM says:

Don’t you know MCM is always right.

• Lord Faust says:

I’ll reserve judgment until after the main event this weekend. ;)

• MCM says:

I think you spelled that word wrong. Here I fixed it for you.

Lord Faust says:

“I’ll reserve Praise until after the main event this weekend. ;)

• Lord Faust says:

*imaginary thumbs up*

I was 50/50 on Jones / Evans, you convinced me to take a leap of faith.

I’m obligated to say Fuck King Mo… seriously though he should have done the right thing the first time around and he would have a job… the guys a douche.

• MCM says:

I always find it interesting who fans like and don’t like. For instance, Rece how can you like Rampage but dislike King Mo? I’m not judging. I think Jones is beyond arrogant but have never found Rashad to be the least bit cocky. I just find it interesting how we can like similar personalities on one fighter and completely hate it on another.

Good point MCM, for me in the example of Mo & Page, it’s a matter of them both currently being douche bags BUT at one point in time Rampage wasnt who he is today and I think I always associate Rampage with memories of the past but then as far as King Mo goes he’s just always been a douche in my eyes so the haterade flows when he’s the topic of discussion… I want to remind you that when Page was doing & saying dumb shit a few weeks back I said I wouldn’t give him a pass anymore and he was being an asshole.

That example was an easy one to breakdown but your right there are other examples Of liking and hating fighters whose personalities and traits are one in the same and there really isn’t much logic to it except for having some connection to one fighter and not the other.

• moosebaby02 says:

Faust/Race good points

• MMA-LOGIC says:

I think all of you on this thread are the same person.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

By the way Jones kills (not ACTUALLY) Rashad this weekend. Jones puts Rashad on his back and Rashad is done.

• Lord Faust says:

MMA-LOGIC, watch the strong language. I would never accuse anyone of being me, that’s just cruel. :)