Ratings bounce back up for latest episode of TUF 15

After seeing viewership drop to a six-figure number for the first time in series history a week ago, this past Friday’s episode of The Ultimate Fighter 15 was a little better received, giving hopes the series might still recapture its former glory.

Featuring a bout between Joe Proctor and Chris Tickle, the show averaged a million viewers, still well-below those brought in by this season’s debut. The debut drew 1.3 million viewers, but the show has yet to get back to that number since.

With coaches Urijah Faber and bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz, along with the a new live-fight format, the UFC was hoping to generate big ratings on FX. Instead, it seems that fight fans are failing to tune in whether due to the change in day or network.

MMAWeekly was first to report the latest viewing ratings.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• MMA-LOGIC says:

I am surprised people still watch this. Im not saying it id a bad show but usually shows like this die out.

• Lord Faust says:

The ratings bounced back and yet last week’s show seemed embarrassingly scripted. That “confrontation” between Cruz and Faber outside the training centre was the most obviously staged interaction in the history of “reality TV”.

I watch Bellator and then go get something to eat and come back in time for the fight. Not sure about anyone else.

Meanwhile, I will watch TUF Brasil all the way through — go figure.

• MCM says:

I completely forgot this show was on last Friday. For all the bitching I did, you’d think I would remember but I didn’t until I read the recap on the web. That’s how invested I am.
    I think the UFC really screwed the pooch with this season a number of ways and I’d be surprised if it gets to 1.3 mil views again. Maybe next season (if there is one) they’ll put it back on at a decent time and day and bring in coaches people have heard of. But I’d say they should chalk this one up as a mistake, learn from it, and move on.

• Lord Faust says:

They need to change the formula. It’s basically the same god damn show as before, only the fight is live. Same pre-fight videos, same house bullshit, etc.

Do I know how to freshen it up? Maybe, but the UFC doesn’t pay me to do that; so, here I am, asking them to figure something out.

I will always watch a free fight but I’d prefer the UFC / Fox don’t bank solely on that.

Bellator has a reality show on the back burner maybe that will force UFC to step it up and figure out a way to really bring attention back to the TUF show.

• Lord Faust says:

I am really hoping Bellator make a good run at the TV series, so far I have been very impressed with the quality of their broadcasts. (Plus they probably have the best commentary duo in the sport.)

• MickeyC says:

The first mistake was switching the day. friday was a terible choice.