Wanderlei Silva has choice words for Chael Sonnen

Wanderlei Silva would like nothing more than to face Chael Sonnen inside the Octagon. However, Sonnen is currently the middleweight division’s #1 contender and is set to face Anderson Silva for the title meaning Silva-Sonnen aren’t likely to mix it up anytime soon.

Though there’s no doubt of Sonnen’s skill, much of his ability to do work inside the Octagon has been overshadowed by his talking skills outside of it. Of course, not everyone is impressed by Sonnen’s verbal skills including “The Axe Murderer”.

“I have nothing to say to him. I won’t give him that kinda audience,” said Silva, in a recent interview with TATAME. “I don’t care about what he says, I’m not interested. If he wants to say those things looking me in the eye, come here. But that way, saying things when we’re distant, he’s an ass face. Only pussies say things at your back.”

Silva also had a stern warning for Sonnen, saying that insulting him to his face instead of through media could be hazardous to his health.

“He’ll leave with a red burning ear,” stated Silva of the potential situation.

Sonnen was recently in Brazil for a special press conference to announce the fight with “The Spider” was going to be moved from Rio de Janeiro to Las Vegas. He made several snide remarks about Brazil, as well as Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, during the festivities and has made fun of Silva plenty of times in the past as well.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• hindsightufuk says:

always loved the backstage footage of Wanderlei squaring up to Hammer House and not a single one of them wanted anything to do with Wanderlei in a parking lot. I’m so gutted he take a punch any more, i’d love nothing more than to see a prime Wanderlei run amock in the UFC, particularly with his soccer kicks to Chaels mouth. that image will see me sleep with a smile tonight

• Dr.Stoppage says:

A red burning ear?
    Ouch!

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

At this stage of both men’s careers the outcome of this match would not be favorable for Silva. Likely outcome would look something like the outcome of Sonnens match with Brian Stann.

Silva may be skilled in bjj but, when was the last time we saw an extended period of grappling from him?
    He would come out swinging wild trying to decapitate with one punch and likely get taken down and controlled and either subbed or just beaten down with heavy GnP.

• moosebaby02 says:

Hate to say it Hatter but ur right 100 percent. Love Silva but i dont see him winning that one. not the way he fights

• Dufresne says:

Just another reason why I still love Wandy. I don’t think he’d win if they were in an MMA match, but I wouldn’t count him out in a good old fashioned brawl. Something tells me Wandy would fight dirty as hell if they went at it outside of the cage.

• MCM says:

You’re presuming Chael would NOT fight dirty? I still think Chael would take that one, only cause he’d bring a gun to knife fight.

• Lord Faust says:

In the cage, Sonnen by UD.

In the streets, Wandy by murder.