Michael Bisping’s bout with Tim Boetsch likely pushed back to UFC 149

It seems the inclusion of UFC middleweight champ Anderson Silva‘s rematch with Chael Sonnen was a little too much for the PPV portion of UFC 148 to handle. Based on the amount of additional time required for a second title-fight on top of the bantamweight contest featuring Dominick Cruz-Urijah Faber, a bout between 185ers Michael Bisping and Tim Boetsch has apparently been removed from the July 7 lineup.

The card will still feature Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin 3 and Rich Franklin vs. Cung Le.

MMAJunkie, the first outlet to report the removal, also added UFC 149 on July 21 seems to be a likely choice in terms of where the match-up will take place.

Bisping (22-4) is looking to rebound from a close decision loss at the hands of Sonnen earlier this year, while Boetsch (15-4) scored the biggest win of his career by knocking out Yushin Okami in Japan this past February.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

3 COMMENTS
  • THEGUNNER says:

    This card sounds like its a must.

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  • Rece Rock says:

    I want to see Bisping get another crack at Sonnen.

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  • Screenplaya says:

    I love me some Boetsch, but I am not sure he can topple Bisping. Then again, I said the same thing when he faced Okami, and topple him he did. I guess the best case scenario is Boetsch wins, Silva destroys Sonnen, Boetsch gets a title shot, and Bisping earns a title shot by retiring Sonnen to the land of UFC commentators, where his greatest skills lie.

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

LEAVE A COMMENT!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Follow 5OZ