twitter google

Ryan Jimmo-Anthony Perosh a go for UFC 149

Ryan Jimmo will try for a second time to make his UFC debut when he steps inside the Octagon to face Anthony Perosh at UFC 149.

UFC officials confirmed the fight for the Calgary, Alberta, Canada event recently. The card goes down July 21 from the Scotiabank Saddledome.

Jimmo (16-1) was set to debut in the UFC against Karlos Vemola earlier this year but an injury forced him out. The former Maximum Fighting Championships light heavyweight champion sports a sixteen-fight winning streak including success against Wilson Gouveia and Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou.

Perosh (13-6) has won a trio of consecutive bouts inside the Octagon despite being 39-years old (or young as the case may be). He most recently stopped Nick Penner with strikes in his last fight, also submitting Cyrille Diabate in the previous outing.

Other bouts set for UFC 149 include Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira-Cheick Kongo, Tim Boetsch-Michael Bisping, and Mauricio Rua-Thiago Silva, as well as Jose Aldo defending his featherweight title against Roufusport product Erik Koch in headlining action.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

3 COMMENTS
  • AlphaOmega says:

    I’ve always liked Perosh ever since Cro Cop juts busted his face and he still came out to fight, glad he’s on a streak and hope he keeps it up.

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  • darth_irritable says:

    Go Perosh! Big win for him if he gets it.

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  • Rece Rock says:

    Jimmo is no longer the big fish in a lil pond and I think he won’t be making as big as a splash in the UFC as some may think.

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

LEAVE A COMMENT!

You must be logged in to post a comment.