twitter google

Michael Bisping upset at notion of Hector Lombard leapfrogging him for title-contendership

Michael Bisping doesn’t respect Hector Lombard‘s 25-fight unbeaten streak the former Bellator middleweight champ will bring with him to the UFC and doesn’t like the idea of it trumping his own accomplishments under the organization’s banner.

Lombard, who signed to compete inside the Octagon last week, will make his debut against Brian Stann later this year, while Bisping, who is coming off a semi-controversial loss to Chael Sonnen, will face Tim Boetsch on July 21 at UFC 149.

“(Lombard getting a title shot with a win over Stann) does piss me off a little bit, you know?” said Bisping, in a recent interview with MMADieHards. “I’ve been slugging away in the UFC for six years now, fighting the best guys in the world, and just because Hector Lombard’s been knocking out part-time fighters who probably hold down jobs full-time and he’s been knocking out people that I haven’t got a clue who they are, I haven’t even heard of them, you know, while I’ve been knocking out the best fighters in the world.”

Bisping went on to say he doesn’t feel like he will ever receive a title shot because his winning streaks get stopped by close decision losses like his one against Sonnen.

“I think I’m still in the mix up there. I definitely haven’t gone down,” Bisping said. “I definitely think I’m one of the top few. I think I could give (UFC middleweight champion) Anderson (Silva) a good fight.”