Quinton Jackson still haunted by loss to Forrest Griffin

Iconic light heavyweight Quinton Jackson has made it clear there are only two opponents on his radar at the moment – Mauricio Rua and Forrest Griffin. Though both men hold past wins over him, only one of the two stumbles still bothers the 33-year old to this day.

Jackson’s loss to Griffin cost him the UFC light heavyweight championship and also involved a good deal of controversy as many felt “Rampage” had done enough to retain the belt.

“I really, really wanna pay Forrest back. Forrest was the last guy I took lightly. I just didn’t think he could beat me at all. I still don’t think he beat me, honestly. If I lose a fight I’m the first one to say I lost. I seriously don’t think he beat me,” said the 32-10 Jackson on last week’s episode of Inside MMA. “That fight still haunts me. I really wanna destroy Forrest.”

The outspoken 205er remains sidelined at the moment, poised to get surgery on both of his knees though no actual timeframe has been mentioned in terms of his return to the ring. In the interview with Inside MMA he also made it clear he is 100% done with the UFC after finishing out his contract with one more fight, expressing displeasure over the way fans have treated him as well as the matchmaking process pairing him against “cowards” who “hump you and la down on top of you the whole time.”

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• Niv says:

I always like Rampage as a fighter, especially in his Pride days, but I never liked his personality.

As time has passed us, I realize I like absolutely nothing about this guy. The sooner he gets out of fighting the better, he’s just a cancer.

Well-Done. Thumb up 14 Thumb down 1

• Big Stank says:

Maybe if u learned how to check a leg kick once in a while…

• Lord Faust says:

Careful, he might call you out on Twitter over that.

• Yourdaddydevilandlord says:

Really? Are you sure you aren’t calling out Forrest because Shogun Gorilla Pimped you and you want no part of that. We actually want that nostalgia fight as well as Forrest and Bonnar more, the winners fight. Sign it Rampage, you can bend the UFC over for cash if you beat Shogun and have to sign again to fight the G v B winner.

• Screenplaya says:

I don’t enjoy cry-baby Waaaaampage. I say, feed him to Forrest.

• fitfreak says:

Since he wants nothing to do with the UFC, I’m sure he isn’t accepting any healthcare assistance from them to pay for his knee surgery. Rampage is happy when things are going his way, and he’s a big whiner when they don’t. Reminds me of my 6 year old.

I think he gave it some thought, and realized it might be easier to leave on a win if he fights Forrest instead of Shogun.

• AlphaOmega says:

I’ve been waiting for a Rampage article just to ask this, since he posted it on twitter as huge news. Anyone going to go and buy his new iphone app? It’s basically knockout but I think you play as rampage.

Also whoever he fights I want them to take him down and out wrestle him, just so he can go out on his last fight like that.

• JBAR says:

Maybe he will go to K1 or something like that where he does not have to worry about takedowns, of course what would his excuse be then? Oh yea, the leg kicks…….

• MCM says:

Completely agree AlphaOmega. I wanna see Rampage get LnP’d for 15 minutes as his final fight. Then I want him to retire to Carano land and no longer appear on the MMA radar.

Carano land? ooh Hollywood ;)