Joe Lauzon confirms he’s fighting Terry Etim at UFC on FOX 4

Earlier today, UFC lightweight Joe Lauzon confirmed the papers have indeed been signed for a bout with Terry Etim at UFC on FOX 4 after their match-up was initially reported in late March.

The card will take place on August 4 from Los Angeles with a main event featuring Hector Lombard vs. Brian Stann as well as bouts such as Travis Browne-Ben Rothwell and Ryan Bader-Lyoto Machida.

The 21-7 Lauzon is coming off a loss to Anthony Pettis that snapped a two-fight winning streak stemming from a head kick at UFC 144 in February, while Etim (15-4) has won four of his six UFC bouts. Lauzon and Etim were originally set to meet in 2010 but Etim suffered a broken rib and was forced out.

“I trained really hard because I knew it was going to be a tough fight,” said Lauzon of the original pairing with Etim on his own personal website while confirming the match. “This is kind of deja vu because we have already trained for one another. I liked the fight the first time around, but I really like the fight this time around as I have grown tremendously as an athlete and fighter.”

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• Dufresne says:

I like this fight. I think Lauzon has a big advantage on the ground, but the standup game is much closer. I’m looking forward to this one.

• hindsightufuk says:

yep loving this fight, two guys i will always support. hated seeing both of them go flat out cold in their last fights. be interesting to see how they both react, if it affects them at all, dont recall either man being knocked out that bad before.
    if i put fights together, i would have this one

Completely unrelated to this topic….

Did any one else hear anything about king mo signing a deal with Bellator & TNA to work for both when he is healthy again & probably off suspension? Supposedly some sort of deal Spike tv had a hand in???

• hindsightufuk says:

yeah i read that, he was released from SF wasnt he but i forgot he was a free agent.
    Both BFC and TNA are on Spike TV but i dont know anytihg about that.
    Bellator does at least have a LHW roster albeit not a particularly deep one, certainly no big name match ups for him. They do have a LHW tourney starting in June but i thought all 8 places were taken.
    i’ll believe it once Bellator announce the signing

well between his health issues & his suspension its going to be a while before mo sees action in either genre

• Richard Stabone says:

Rad fight. I think Etim’s athleticism will swing things his way.