twitter google

Robbie Lawler-Lorenz Larkin booked for July bout

Strikeforce isn’t wasting time putting together the lineup for their upcoming offering in Portland, Oregon after announcing a number of match-ups attached to the July 14 event. Among the confirmed clashes were Keith Jardine-Roger Gracie and Tim Kennedy-Luke Rockhold, as had already been rumored for the show, as well as a scrap between premier strikers Robbie Lawler and Lorenz Larkin.

The 19-8 Lawler has been one of the middleweight division’s most-feared bangers for years, racking up sixteen of his total wins by way of knockout. Among the adversaries he’s finished are Melvin Manhoef, Matt Lindland, Murilo Rua, Frank Trigg, and most recently Adlan Amagov this past January.

Larkin should be more than happy to oblige Lawler’s love of stand-up when the two face off as he too is known for keeping things on his feet rather than focus on a grappling attack. The 25-year old is 12-0 including three wins under the Strikeforce banner. Eight of his victories have involved a strike-based stoppage.

An anticipated bout between Tyron Woodley-Nate Marquardt was not announced for the card though, according to Marquardt, it will take place at the event.

PHOTO CREDIT – STRIKEFORCE

2 COMMENTS
  • Rece Rock says:

    Let ‘emm BANG!

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 2 Thumb down 0

  • JabCrossHook says:

    I thought Larkin was a LHW? Lawler hasn’t fought at that weight, I assume Larkin is cutting down.

    While I’m not a fan of larkin I feel like his chin is forever shot after what the ref let King Mo do to him. Those unanswered shots after he was already sleeping gave him multiple concussions, he won’t be able to take a lot of shots anymore. Its a damn shame, I feel bad for him if that’s the case.

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 1 Thumb down 1

LEAVE A COMMENT!

You must be logged in to post a comment.