Josh Koscheck calls Johny Hendricks out in hopes of a rematch

It’s not uncommon for fans to rant and rave in response to questionable scoring. In fact, decisions dating back years still invoke an emotional response. Michael Bisping vs. Matt Hamill, anyone?

However, in relation to last weekend’s three-rounder between Johny Hendricks and Josh Koscheck at UFC on FOX 3 there hasn’t been any sort of uproar despite what many felt was a minor robbery. Whether based on his heelish personality or having won a controversial decision in his previous effort, for the most part the MMA community let it slide Koscheck was arguably more deserving of the judges’ nod than Hendricks.

As you might expect, Koscheck has not forgotten about the outcome so quickly.

“Just watched the fight again. First and third round were mine. Maybe a rematch five-round fight this time? What you say Hendricks,” asked Koscheck through Twitter.

The 13-1 Hendricks has not addressed Koscheck’s challenge yet though it seems unlikely he will oblige. With the victory on FOX he improved his current streak to four in a row and is likely a win away from solidifying a crack at the divisional title.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• MickeyC says:

We will not be seeing these two fight eachother in a 5rd match anytime soon. Unless it were a free show with a relativly week card I just do not see it getting main event status. If they were to arrange a 3rd rematch, I think we would see a similar fight.The desion could go either way, but the rd to rd content would be the same. I can understand Kozs frustration, it was a close fight and he has a valid argument.

• Big Stank says:

Based on damage, Hendricks clearly won

• fitfreak says:

I don’t see this happening. Kos will have to work his way back up. He should constantly present the threat of a takedown instead of being so focused on knocking his opponent out. He just becomes too predictable.

• Dufresne says:

I wouldn’t mind seeing Hendricks v. Ellenberger to determine the next guy to get a title shot. But I don’t really care to see Hendricks/Koscheck 2. Hendricks landed more shots and did more damage, I don’t really see the controversy in the decision.

• MCM says:

I agree with Kos. I think he won the first and clearly won the second. But had the fight gone to a majority draw, I would have been OK with that too. I was much more upset about Serra getting robbed against Hughes (a fight that also had very little uproar) than I am about Hendricks getting the win.

completely off topic,
    why no story on how Diaz no-showed his BJJ match and didn’t donate his purse to charity like he said?

I thought Kos was getting the nod the moment he had top control in the 3rd round and stayed active for a while on top… I was a bit surprised his hand didn’t get raised but I was also a bit surprised what the side of his face looked like also….

Mcm- I watched that stream last iChat some great bjj matches & Diaz really fucked up by no showing but then again it’s nick Diaz I’m not surprised…. The event was in part a charitable one supporting St.Judes…. Not a good look for Diaz.

iChat = it had

• MCM says:

“…and clearly won the second”
    meant to say clearly won the THIRD. (but ya’ll knew that ;) )

Rece –
    I was a little surprised Diaz didn’t show. He’s bailed on media commitments and drug tests, but I never thought he’d bail on an actual fight. Not with all that big talk about living on the mean streets of Stockton and willing to fight anybody.
    Been reading all the crap the Diaz nut huggers are putting out on line, and it amazes me that there are so many people willing to back this loser. I understand those that love watching him fight and those that tune in just cause he’s on the card, but the people that justify his craziness and blatant disregard for anything resembling professionalism, confound me.

Enablers, sympathizers & apologist…

It’s sad that he has comfort & support in a time when he should be embarrassed and regretful.