Dana White teases Brock Lesnar’s return to MMA

Astute viewers no doubt took note of the fact former UFC champion Brock Lesnar was in attendance last night at UFC 146, sitting cageside to take in the all-heavyweight PPV where he basked in the sight of rival Frank Mir getting mauled by Junior dos Santos in the evening’s headliner. The moment marked the first appearance for Lesnar at a UFC event since retiring from MMA in late December after a loss to Alistair Overeem.

Though Lesnar was only at UFC 146 as a fan it appears he may have been motivated to attend for both personal and professional reasons.

“Apparently now he’s a big fan,” UFC President Dana White joked at the post-show press conference when asked about the reclusive Lesnar being at the event, responding affirmatively to a follow-up question inquiring as to whether there was more to the story than the 34-year old simply wanting to watch the fights.

White elaborated slightly, saying he’d received a text message from Lesnar requesting a face-to-face meeting but hadn’t actually sat down with him yet. However, the outspoken executive’s attitude regarding Lesnar’s interest in at least one more fight inside the Octagon was positive throughout the entire line of questioning.

Lesnar was only 5-3 in his career but beat a number of notable peers during his brief stint in MMA including Randy Couture, Shane Carwin, and Mir. Recently he returned to this pro wrestling roots with a handful of appearances in WWE.

Check out the presser below with White-Lesnar material coming at the 13:25 mark:

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

If Brock is willing to accept he may not wear the title again but, wants to continue to fight and improve I’m all for his return.

I don’t like his chances against against JDS, Cain, or AO. He is still a draw and still capable of beating a good deal of the current HWs but, don’t think he will be champ again.

I’ll pay for a Mir rubber match… Hell I’m a mark I’ll pay to watch Brock crush cans.

Don’t judge me.

• MCM says:

I’d like to see Brock/Nelson. I think the face off at the weigh-ins is worth the price of admission and then to see Big Country KO Brock would be icing on the cake.

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

I think Brock shouldn’t rush into anything and swallow his pride and go work out at an established gym with people who would really help him with his striking.

I’m sure his knowledge of wrestling could be an asset. He would have to find someplace that doesn’t already have a UFC HW contender. Maybe go to Stockton and work with Team Gracie.

He doesn’t have to be super on his feet, just needs to be comfortable and work on his head movement and footwork.

He is a very good athlete and with intense striking work he could be a very dangerous opponent. As big as he is if he learns to throw punches right, he would hit like a truck.

• moosebaby02 says:

i have to agree with hatter but dont have to like it

• qat says:

In my estimation thats just a publicity-stunt from WWE and DW.., or did he leave the WWE already again?

• Lord Faust says:

I think it’s foolish, but would bring in buys.

I’ve been waiting for Brock to get sick of selling for guys he could probably kill inside a cage.