UFC on FX 4 headliners Clay Guida-Gray Maynard on target at weigh-ins

The first offering from the UFC’s double-header this weekend got a green light today after all of the fighters scheduled for action at UFC on FX 4 made weight with one undercard exception. Set for Atlantic City, the show features a main event meeting between highly-touted lightweights Clay Guida and Gray Maynard with other notable bouts including Ross Pearson-Cub Swanson and Spencer Fisher-Sam Stout.

Guida and Maynard both came in at 155 pounds on the dot for their headlining tilt. The bout will mark the first for each in 2012 with the winner avoiding the unenviable position of two straight losses in the UFC’s stacked lightweight division.

The only glitch at today’s festivities involved C.J. Keith who came in a pound heavy for his rumble with Ramsey Nijem. Though he was given an hour to drop the additional weight he was unable to do so and fined 20% of his purse as a result.

Fans can catch all the action tomorrow with a pair of bouts on Facebook kicking things off at 5:00 PM EST before Fuel TV takes over an hour later. Main card clashes begin on FX at 9:00 PM EST.

Read below for a complete rundown of UFC on FX 4 weigh-in results:

Ricardo Funch (170.5 lbs) vs. Dan Miller (170.5 lbs)
Dustin Pague (135 lbs) vs. Ken Stone (135.5 lbs)
C.J. Keith (157 lbs)* vs. Ramsey Nijem (156 lbs)
Brock Jardine (170.5 lbs) vs. Rick Story (169.5 lbs)
Joey Gambino (145 lbs) vs. Steven Siler (145.5 lbs)
Chis Camozzi (185.5 lbs) vs. Nick Catone (185.5 lbs)
Matt Brown (170.5 lbs) vs. Luis Ramos (170 lbs)
Ross Pearson (146 lbs) vs. Cub Swanson (145.5 lbs)
Hatsu Hioki (145.5 lbs) vs. Ricardo Lamas (145 lbs)
Spencer Fisher (156 lbs) vs. Sam Stout (155.5 lbs)
Brian Ebersole (170 lbs) vs. T.J. Waldburger (170.5 lbs)
Clay Guida (155 lbs) vs. Gray Maynard (155 lbs)

* – Fined 20% of purse for missing 156-pound cutoff

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• fanoftna33 says:

I am going with Clay for a decision

• AlphaOmega says:

Brown
    Swanson
    Lamas
    Fisher
    Ebersole
    Guida

I really want to watch this fight, because I try to watch all of Guida’s fights, but of course my friend, and the only way I can watch it, is going out of town tomorrow night.

• MCM says:

Are we friends, AlphaOmega? I’m going out of town too and am gonna miss these fights.
    Glad to see that at least some people (even if it is just the folks at 5oz) are picking Guida too. I’m not sure if he’s gonna win, but I’d like him to. I’d also like to see Ebersole get the W and then a step up in competition. He’s got a ton of mileage on him but he’s only 31 and just seams to be hitting his stride. He’s on a 10 fight win streak and is 14 out of his last 15 with his only loss coming to Hector Lombard.
    I’ll admit that these free fights may not have “star” power, but at least they book really entertaining fighters.

• Lord Faust says:

Awkwardly enough, I too am missing the fights tomorrow night. Which means I’ll probably guilt myself into buying 147 because, yes, I am that much of a fucking mark for Franklin and Wanderlei.

• moosebaby02 says:

well i’ll be watching and i have
    Guida
    Ebersole
    Stout
    Hioki
    Swanson
    Star our or not. free fights baby. still a decent card. the suds a already on ice. and yes i will be sucked to buying 147 cause im also a mark like Faust

• Richard Stabone says:

Y’all are crazy! I like Clay too (how could anybody not?) but I give him very little chance against Maynard. Just not a good matchup for him.

Guida’s game is wrestling & pushing the pace (buoyed by his outstanding cardio), but with Maynard I’d argue he’s a better wrestler and the only time Maynard’s cardio has seemed iffy is when he (understandably) went apeshit throwing strikes trying to finish off pesky Frankie. Guida is a really good wrestler himself, but the stregth advanage tilts things towards Maynard.

And as is the case with virtually every opponent Guida faces, Maynard figures to be much more of a threat in the striking exchanges.

I don’t see any way Guida finishes Maynard, and grinding out a decision against The Bully, without effective striking, seems like a very unlikely scenario. This fight will probably go Maynard’s way via decision, but I’ll go out on a bit of a limb and predict Gray pounding him out for a 2nd round TKO.

• Richard Stabone says:

And I’m pretty excited for this card. More so than the Saturday PPV, although that’s not saying much.

Waldburger/Ebersole is pretty interesting, and I’ll go with the younger fighter putting a stop to Ebersole’s run.

I’ve got Stout finally bringing an end to Fisher’s UFC tenure.

• Lord Faust says:

Mr. Stabone basically summed up my picks. I have Maynard, Waldburger (love his grappling), and Stout as my big picks. I am looking forward to spending all day tomorrow drinking and watching fights.

• climbarock says:

This card is better than 147, which I will not be buying.

Pearson, Hioki, Fisher, Waldburger, Maynard for this guy.

• BillyWarhol says:

Lookin’ forward to seein’ London Ontario Dude Sam Stout Winnin’ da Trilogy******* ;) Rock On!!