UFC 147 Results: Rich Franklin, Wanderlei Silva wow in main event

After last night’s outing on FX, the UFC was back with Arianny Celeste and a PPV in tow. Though UFC 147 may not have been a star-studded card, tonight’s effort from the organization in Brazil was packed with highlights set to the backdrop of an animated collection of fans from start to finish.

Headlined by iconic middleweights Rich Franklin and Wanderlei Silva meeting for the second time, the show also featured talented heavyweights Fabricio Werdum-Mike Russow going at it in addition to the finals from the first international season of the Ultimate Fighter.

The main event was a match-up for the ages, nearly seeing Franklin finished in the second round only to show only of the greatest displays of heart in recent years by battling back to earn a Unanimous Decision win. The victory improved Franklin’s record to 29-6 but more important cemented him among the upper-echelon of all-time greats in the sport.

A full list of UFC 147 outcomes can be found below:

Felipe Arantes vs. Milton Viera – Split Draw
Marcos Vinicius def. Wagner Campos via TKO Round 3 (Strikes)
Thiago de Oliveira Perpetuo def. Leonardo Mafra via TKO Round 3 (Strikes)
Hugo Viana def. John Teixeira da Conceicao via Split Decision
Francisco Drinaldo def. Delson Heleno via TKO Round 1 (Strikes)
Rodrigo Damm def. Anistavio Medeiros de Figueiredo via Submission Round 1 (Rear-Naked Choke)
Hacran Dias def. Iuri Alcantara via Unanimous Decision
Fabricio Werdum def. Mike Russow via TKO Round 1 (Strikes)
Rony Bezerra def. Godofredo Pepey via Unanimous Decision
Cezar Ferreira def. Sergio Moraes via Unanimous Decision
Rich Franklin def. Wanderlei Silva via Unanimous Decision

• AlphaOmega says:

2 nights of fights and I don’t get to see either one. I don’t blame my friend for not getting this one though, speaking of that Lord Faust did you end up getting the PPV?

Last min predictions of the only two fights that I actually know of:

Werdum
    Franklin

• Creature says:

Absolute insane co-main and main fights, I about had a heart attack in the 2nd round of Wanderlei/Franklin but was very happy to see Rich survive and continue to pick Wand apart throughout the fight.. the last 30 seconds was epic

• Lord Faust says:

I cracked. And it was definitely worth it, though hard to say since I was watching from the opening match and was pretty drunk by the end of the main event.

The main event was absolutely awesome! I seriously thought Rich was done for, but he maintained his composure very well.

Not the best card of the year, but definitely not the worst. The crowd was insane; they were louder than any other crowd, and already 3/4 full during the first Facebook fight!

• Lord Faust says:

The only fight I picked wrong was Dias / Alcantara, on the main card. I went 4-1.

• Brendhan Conlan says:

I hope I didn’t lay it on too thick at the end there with Franklin’s accolades but I, like everyone else, thought he was DONE in the second. Credit to Yamasaki for not stopping it when a lot of other lesser experienced refs would have. The only thing that could have topped Franklin surviving would have been him finishing Wanderlei in the third.

From the highlights I saw the main event made up for the night befores main event.