Brian Stann calls out Michael Bisping for September scrap

Earlier this week UFC middleweight Michael Bisping mentioned Brian Stann and Alan Belcher as a pair of 185-pound peers he would entertain an outing against when he returns to action this fall. Bisping, who made the comments on UFC Tonight, is currently in the process of recovering from knee surgery.

While Belcher hasn’t responded to Bisping’s challenge yet, Stann took the opportunity to express his own interest in taking on the Ultimate Fighter winner.

“I always want to fight guys that are ranked ahead of me, and right now, that’s where Bisping is. He’s very close to a title shot,” said Stann in an interview with MMAJunkie. “Now’s my time. I’m not getting any younger. I want to fight for the title, and right now, to get to that title, Bisping is one of the guys you have to get through.”

Both men have pointed to the pairing serving as part of the main card at UFC 152. The event is set for September 22 in Toronto.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• hindsightufuk says:

you know what, big Tom Watson has just been signed by the UFC (Jimmy Manuwa as well buts LHW).
    A fight between Kong and Stann would be awesome, and show us exactly where Tom stands

• fanoftna33 says:

Like the match up here but only see this as a win for the count, He has faster hands more big fight experience, great cardio and better wrestling and defense skills.

• Creature says:

Stann by KO if it happens. He will use his great chin to walk through Bispings punches to land his own heavy shots much like Hendo did

• fanoftna33 says:

Hindsight looking at Watsons record he looks to be a very good addition to the MW division, either Stann or Belcher would be a serious welcome though I would guess he would get somebody more towards the lower middle of the division like a Lawler, or the winner of Cote vs Le.

• hindsightufuk says:

oh man i have long wanted to see Watson vs Lawler

• MCM says:

I was thinking Kong would take a “warm up” fight against someone like Constance Phillippou or Nick Ring first.

Stann vs. Bisping is a great fight in both style and rankings. I think it would be a lot more competitive than people are guessing and I’d like to see how Stann holds up over three rounds at MW.

• Creature says:

Id like to see Belcher/Bisping more though, and much rather see Stann/Belfort.

• I think this would be an outstanding fight. The Count is a much more pretty and technical fighter while Stann goes flying in and starts brawling right away….its a good matchup in terms of ranking, style and of course has that whole us vs uk angle(if they want to spin it that way.) Otherwise its two good fighters fighting…and I like that.