twitter google

Junior dos Santos interested in China as destination for upcoming title-defense

UFC heavyweight champ Junior dos Santos wasted little time letting his bosses at Zuffa know he would be available for the first UFC event in China if called on, proclaiming a title-defense against Cain Velasquez as an interesting main event for the company’s first card in the Asian nation.

“Maybe the heavyweight title would be a good debut for us in China,” Dos Santos posted on Twitter of the possibility. “Right, Dana (White)?”

White, the UFC President, announced the November 10 event on Tuesday with “Cigano” later adding he expects to fight in November.

Dos Santos claimed the belt from Velasquez last year during the first UFC on FOX card in November. JDS has since defeated Frank Mir, while Velasquez staked his claim to the  #1 contender spot by downing Antonio Silva.

The card is expected to be broadcast on Fuel TV, likely adding a hitch in terms of seeing the heavyweight strap up for grabs at the event.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

2 COMMENTS
  • moosebaby02 says:

    I say why not?

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 1

  • danw84 says:

    Tape delayed title fights are the worst. Basically have to avoid every form of media the entire day until it’s played at the normal time.

    Plus, really? Giving Fuel the biggest title? I really don’t see that happening.

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 2 Thumb down 0

LEAVE A COMMENT!

You must be logged in to post a comment.