Shane Carwin lays it all on the line in regards to coaching TUF vs. Roy Nelson

Shane Carwin isn’t the kind of man who likes to enjoy a good laugh or two while working.

Carwin, who has recently been cleared to return to action following back surgery, will compete head-to-head with Roy Nelson on the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter.

The two heavyweights, who will eventually collide after the show finishes, do not have much in common other than being MMA fighters.

Carwin left some interesting remarks on his own personal website recently, including strong words for “Big Country.”

“I will just be focusing on developing a team to win the show and focusing on preparing to knock Roy Nelson out,” Carwin posted. “I know Roy likes to be the UFC’s Jester but he better know this is not a joke for me.”

Carwin, who works as an engineer while also training and fighting, will only be focusing on TUF during the fall. The show airs on FX beginning in September.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• AlphaOmega says:

I don’t think this will happen, but it’d completely blow up in the UFC’s face is Carwin and Nelson basically ignored each other and just focused on training their fighters.

I think Roy is gonna beat Carwin….

And I also still think it should have been a fun filled season of Forrest vs Bonnar… I’m tired of seeing particle board doors get ripped down by men who fight professionally for a living… That’s not impressive unless a 15yr old is doing it.

• AlphaOmega says:

Dana wants drama though, he wants beef and argument and people to seem like they are on the verge of fighting in the house, he doesn’t want people who are friends to sit around joking and having a good time, even if those two friends have no problem beating the hell out of each other in the cage.

• climbarock says:

Watch out Roy. Carwin is super, super cereal.

• Richard Stabone says:

My first thought was that Carwin should be a decent favorite to beat Roy in convincing fashion. But now I’m not so sure…

Shane is coming off neck surgery from 2010 and then back surgery more recently. And by the time they get in the cage it will have been around 18 months since Carwin’s last fight, and he’ll be pushing 38 years old. The more I think it thru, it would be a minor miracle if Shane looks anything like his former self in the octagon. Not to suggest he can’t beat Roy–who’s far from spectacular himself–but this could end up being a pretty shitty fight between two guys on the backend of their respective careers.

(Perhaps makes them fitting as coaches for TUF, which was a really cool concept that worked well for a long time, but really seems to have run its course.)

• Big Stank says:

I got Big Country as long as it leaves the first round, Carwin gasses and it nighty night.

• Creature says:

I think Carwin takes this pretty easily. On the feet Carwin’s chin is practically just as durable as nelson’s. And Carwin has much more devastating power than Roy does. Roy has the advantage in pure BJJ but his takedowns arent anything spectacular and Carwin has great wresting and pure strength to avoid getting put on his back. Cardio wise i dont think either will have a significant advantage over the other. So I think Carwin will be the 2nd man to KO Big Country.