Dana White: “The Ronda Rousey package is different than any other package we’ve ever seen.”

Last night Showtime aired the first episode of a two-part All-Access special focused on following bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey’s life during the build up towards her August 18 bout against Sarah Kaufman. Cameras captured a number of revealing moments including a look at her childhood, her far-from pristine living conditions, her nerves leading up to a provocative photo shoot, and her practice of being the first person in the gym on a daily basis.

During the show UFC President Dana White offered up his thoughts on Rousey who he labeled as a legitimate star, even going so far as to say he could envision a scenario where she became the first female fighter to grace the Octagon.

“Everything you need in a fighter she has, yet she’s a woman and she’s beautiful. The Ronda Rousey package is different than any other package we’ve ever seen. She’s incredibly talented, she’s mean, she’s nasty, and she’s dangerous. She’s got the whole package,” began White on the 25-year old grappler. “I will not miss a Ronda Rousey fight. Ever. I’m a Ronda Rousey fan.”

“In the next 10 years, if there’s a woman in the Octagon, it’s probably gonna be Ronda Rousey,” he concluded.

The second episode of All-Access will be broadcast next Wednesday at 9:00 PM EST.

Check out the complete first episode below:

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC/STRIKEFORCE

• Richard Stabone says:

Nah, doesn’t compare to Cyborg’s package.

• AlphaOmega says:

I like Ronda, but I like Sarah better and hope she gets her belt back.

“package”

• Lord Faust says:

It’s getting hard waiting for this fight. I don’t want to be premature, but I may not be able to wait until August 18th. A sticky situation, to be sure.

• Angry Mike says:

Two thoughts. First, any discussion about packages and Rousy makes me nauseous. Two, for his post on this thread, Stabone is da man.

• Sumoninja says:

Great vid. Lots of respect for RR and other truly hardworking talented women fighters. Agree with DW that the Rousey/Tate fight changed a lot of minds about women in MMA even though Gina really broke in. Even with his comments about Rousey being the most likely candidate to be the first in the octagon, I find it hypocritical she’s on the cover of UFC magazine but can’t fight there.
    Also, I think Kauffman might’ve said that the real beauty is the fight. Sure RR and Tate and Carano are stand-alone hot, but there’s definitely an attraction to any athlete at the top of their game. I’d love to see one of the real women take out ManBorg when she returns.