5 Oz. MMA Link Club

Welcome back to another edition of “MMA Link Club”, Five Ounces of Pain‘s weekly smorgasbord of offerings from our brothers and sisters in the MMA community. Enjoy…

UFC Champion Benson Henderson Among Fighters Listed on UFC 150 Medical Report (Heavy.com)

Donald Cerrone Antsy for Anthony Pettis to Sign on the Dotted Line (MMAConvert.com)

Randy Couture Jokes About Coming Out of Retirement to Fight Steven Seagal (TheFightNerd.com)

Jon Jones is Major Favorite Over Dan Henderson (FightOpinion.com)

UFC 150 Buyrate Estimates Lower than Expected (MMAPayout.com)

Julie Kedzie Says MMA Helped Her Overcome Eating Disorder (MMAMania.com)

A Re-Cap of America Kickboxing Academy’s Reality Show (BleacherReport.com)

Two New Fights Added to UFC on Fuel 5 Lineup (5thRound.com)

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• MCM says:

Does UFC on FUEL look like the absolute worst card the UFC has ever put together? Don’t get me wrong, I’m gonna watch it. But I’ve seen more exciting looking cards from Shark Fights. I guess using FUEL is better than wasting a PPV slot on some of these guys so I’m not really complaining, it just seems like a sub-par card for the biggest MMA org in the world.

Hey MCM you should know by now these are the cards that wind up being 10x more entertaining then the “stacked “cards…

I should add… although the card may end up being entertaining it will have no barring on any divisional rankings.

• Lord Faust says:

The problem with Fuel cards is no one know WTF Fuel is… I don’t have it… I just do what Dana suggests and I “figure it out”. (In my mind I’m allowed since I buy almost every PPV.)

Yeah no Fuel for me anymore… and at this point I only buy the most anticipated ppvs… I figure shit out alot these days.

• Richard Stabone says:

Well it’s a Fuel card, so it’s going to be packaged accordingly. No belts on the line, none of the biggest names, etc. So yeah it’s lacking in the *sexy* department (other than Wiman’s mustache), but I think this sucker could be a lot of fun to watch.

The final 4 fights making up the main card are pretty cool.

Pickett vs. Jabouin — Jabouin is a friggin firecracker and Pickett is coming off back-to-back FOTN performances. So this one is pretty much guaranteed to be fun to watch.

Sass vs. Wiman — Sass is 13-0 in his career with 12 finishes (all by submission). He’s looking to win his 4th straight since joining the UFC, having ended Jacob Volkmann’s 5-fight UFC winning streak last time out. Wiman has won 4 outta 5, sports a helluva ‘stache, and will be a good test to see where Sass is at.

Hardy vs. Sadollah — This one is tough to call… both in terms of who will win and also what type of fight it will be. I could see it being highly entertaining or more of a dud with lots of clinch work. It’s got potential; hopefully this matchup delivers.

Struve vs. Miocic — Miocic is 9-0 with 8 finishes, looking for his 4th victory since joining the UFC. He gets a nice step up in competition facing Struve, who’s won 3 straight (and 5 outta 6). Whoever comes out the victor will be creeping into the title picture, maybe another win away from a shot.

Rest of the card is more underwhelming but hopefully will have some good action. As Fuel cards go, this one seems to stack up fine.

• Richard Stabone says:

*maybe another win away from getting a #1 contender shot.

• MCM says:

Oh, I fully expect this to be an entertaining card, and I do have FUEL (self high-5), so like I said, I’ll watch. I’ve just never seen such a week looking card put out by the UFC. Sure, they have the roster to put on several of these cards, but I think this is the first.
    It’s not a good way to build stars or the fan base, but it’s a good way to build prospects and get potential top 10ers to headline cards. I think it’s pretty smart, like the Challengers cards SF used to do, it’s just weird to see it from the UFC.