Bellator 73 Results: Attila Vegh, Marcos Galvao blast their way to title-shots with finishing performances

Bellator FC is back on the airwaves tonight with a Bellator 73 card featuring two tournament finals with each winner moving on to face the divisional champion in addition to scoring a good deal of cash. On one side, bantamweights Luis Nogueira and Marcos Galvao will go at it, while light heavyweights Attila Vegh-Travis Wiuff are set to scrap on the other.

As always, Five Ounces of Pain will be watching things unfold from the arena while delivering results back to our readers in real time. The card kicks off at 7:00 PM EST on Spike.com with televised action firing up at 8:00 PM EST on MTV2/EPIX.

Highlights of Vegh’s win followed by a full list of Bellator 73 winners/losers can be found below:

Cosmo Alexandre def. Harry Johnson via TKO Round 2 (Knee to body)

Jacob Noe Def. Brian Albin Via TKO Round 1 (Cut)

Kelvin Tiller def.  Amaechi Oselukwue via TKO Round 2 (strikes)

Andy Uhrich  def. Joe Williams by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28×2)

Mike Wessel def.  Ryan Martinez  via split decision ( 29-28, 27-30, 29-28 )

Mike Mucitelli  def.  Matt van Buren via Submission Round 1 (triangle choke)

Marcos Galvao def.  Luis Nogueira  via TKO Round 2 (strikes)

Attila Vegh  def.   Travis Wiuff  via KO Round 1 (strikes)

Zach Underwood def.  Chris Coggins via unanimous decision (n/a)

Brian Hall  def. Jay Black via TKO Round 1 (strikes)

PHOTO CREDIT – BELLATOR

• Lord Faust says:

I thought the Tiller fight was going to be stopped between rounds due to a questionable haircut.

(Yes I stole that, but unless you follow me on Twitter you don’t know who from.)

• AlphaOmega says:

Don’t feel bad about stealing jokes from Twitter Faust. Except for the jokes that make you burn in hell for reading, the majority of my jokes I steal from there.

• Lord Faust says:

If anyone cares, my Twitter handle is @ricketyoldshack

I’m going to miss the opening Bellator main card fights because I’m heading home from work as they start. (Lame.)

• G-DUB says:

In the Wessel vs Martinez matchup, I have to believe that this is another case of the judges not adding right or the announcer reading the card incorrectly. There is NO WAY that any judge could have given all 3 rounds to Martinez. I’m assuming that was actually scored 30-27 Wessel for a unanimous decision.

• Lord Faust says:

Yeah, this card has been marred with some awkwardness. The first fight going from a “low blow” to a body shot TKO displayed amazing ref’ing incompetence.

• Lord Faust says:

Today I learned: 12-6 elbows are legal in Mississippi.

I also learned that Marcos Galvao is a bad dude.

• G-DUB says:

Poor strategy by Nog going toe to toe with Galvao. Dantas would be wise to maintain range and pick Galvao apart. If Dantas gets wild like he has a tendency to do, we could see a similar result to tonight’s fight. I’m hoping Dantas can show more discipline than Nog did.

• Lord Faust says:

Nog seemed way more tentative and it cost him. Looking forward to the Galvao / Dantas match-up.