Michael Bisping: “Anderson Silva will be in the fight of his life when we fight.”

UFC middleweight Michael Bisping feels he is so close to a title-shot he can taste it. While “The Count” isn’t necessarily guaranteed a crack at Anderson Silva’s championship if he comes out ahead of Brian Stann in the UFC 152 results, Bisping could certainly cement one if he finishes his foe in spectacular fashion and will at minimum put himself on the cusp of contendership with any sort of victory.

“When he was in basic training and shining his boots I was in the UFC kicking ass. I’m getting better and better with every fight. I’m maturing as a fighter, I feel I’m in my prime, and I’m ready to beat Brian Stann and then take that title,” explained Bisping in an interview with the UFC. “I want my shot. People have had their shot – bums have had their shot, stepped in and fallen over with a little slap. I won’t do that. I’ll turn up to fight. Anderson Silva will be in the fight of his life when we fight. And we will fight. We will fight. I will beat Brian Stann.”

As far as how Bisping plans to actually stop Stann, he stayed true to his past comments regarding his interest in out-striking the power-punching pugilist despite the former Marine only having lost a single time in his career by way of TKO.

“You get two guys as big as we are, that have done martial arts or some kind of training for as long as we have, and we put four-ounce gloves on, anybody’s got the ability to knock somebody out. And if he thinks that I can’t knock him out then the guy’s f*cking crazy,” stated Bisping confidently about the September 22 scrap.

Check out the full interview with Bisping below:

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• AlphaOmega says:

Um..ya I just don’t see that happening.

• Screenplaya says:

I am going to go out on a limb here and predict Bisping will be beat Stann by KO/TKO. I think it is finally his time to get that title shot…and he will do better than most expect in THAT fight, too. Will he become champ? Uh, no. Who are we kidding here?

• Lord Faust says:

I’ll reserve judgment until I see the outcome of Stann / Bisping. That said, the prospect of “The Count” offering anything beyond a token challenge for Silva is pretty outlandish. If someone had documented evidence of Bisping killing a grizzly with his bare hands, I’d still give Silva 60% to win the fight.

• Angry Mike says:

No, Silva won’t be in for the fight of his life with Bisping.

• Creature says:

I have a much easier time seeing Silva in the “fight of his life” against GSP than i do Bisping. He offers zero threat to Anderson in any aspect of fighting.

• moosebaby02 says:

With all the shit he is talking he better KO/TKO Stann or he will never get his title shot
    War Stann