Georges St-Pierre signs endorsement deal with NOS Energy Drinks

If you were paying close attention to the preimier of The Ultimate Fighter 16  this past Friday night on FX, you may have noticed a new logo in the center of the Octagon – NOS Energy Drinks. It looks like NOS isn’t stopping there, as they have now announced a new deal with pound-for-pound contender and welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre.

“I feel very privileged. It’s great we can work together to create a product to best fit the athlete, and with NOS that’s what it’s all about,” said St-Pierre of the responsibility of being the brand’s face in an interview with MMAWeekly. “I’m very happy to be in the family of Coca-Cola right now and to be associated with the product.”

NOS is no stranger to sports sponsorships.They can be seen on NASCAR tracks with regularity, as well as in other similar ventures, and they even have sponsored video game competitions as well as other events. According to Arjun Chowdri, the director of sports and entertainment marketing, sponsoring GSP was perfect synergy between the parties.

“As we looked at the sport we looked at athlete partners, Georges St-Pierre obviously jumped to the top of the list. He’s an incredible person, actually came down to our offices and we talked about our brand, he talked about his brand, and we felt like there was a very organic fit around our brand really being focused on mental focus and high performance energy and that’s really everything he does,” Chowdri explained.

So what convinced NOS to jump into sponsoring the UFC and St-Pierre? Chowdri said it was an easy call to make, stating, “As we looked to expand we looked at different areas and MMA was a really ripe opportunity. It’s got that grit, that no nonsense, that high-performance energy that NOS is about.”

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• GIKE MOLDBERG says:

Good sponsor to get-can’t hurt that it’s a global deal-I do have to say that NOS drinks are pretty potent

• hindsightufuk says:

i despise energy drinks, and the whole global marketing ploy behind them. i really hope there is a massive pandemic of caffiene related cancer in a few years purely due to the consumption of these drinks.

• hindsightufuk says:

i know it sounds harsh and wont happen, but i see 12 year old kids walking to school supping this shit, its just fucking wrong. personally i think there should be an 18 year age limit on them.
    these kids should be getting stoned before school not wired, and if they need wired dammit take acid or speed.
    fuck caffiene…

• hindsightufuk says:

its a pussy’s way out

• Lord Faust says:

I can’t speak for the US, but in Canada all energy drinks are inspected / tested, and the formulations can some times differ in the product shipped to us. Under those circumstances, the stuff is fine; usually tastes like shit, though.

The source of the caffeine is different — in that it’s not from coffee — but that’s really it. There isn’t that much difference between an “energy drink” and Jolt Cola. Caffeine is an extremely benign substance, certain medical issues notwithstanding.

• AlphaOmega says:

I prefer my Dr. Pepper for energy then any energy drink I’ve ever tried. But good for GSP, another big name sponsor to go with Underarmor, and the other one that I can never remember, gatorade maybe? Or is it something else?

• hindsightufuk says:

i just dont understand the need for energy drinks, personally they make me shit through the eye of a needle, and never in my entire life have i needed that sort of jolt (i only took drugs to get fucked up, not for energy).
    i also dont understand why they are promoted so much, (obviously i understand business, but morals anyone? scruples?)
    lets get some local produce promoted, lets promote oranges and sweet potatoes & spinach and butternut squash. fuck energy drinks. isotonic drinks i understand, just not energy drinks

• AlphaOmega says:

I don’t get it either, every energy drink/pill I’ve taken has been very nasty, and has actually almost knocked me out instantly. Some people swear by them though, I had an ex who was addicted to Rockstar energy drinks

• Lord Faust says:

They’re just a product (literally) of an over-saturated soft drink market. It’s impossible to supplant Coke / Pepsi, so they “invented” a new market in these pseudo-sport drinks. It’s another spin on the Gatorade concept; drinks of dubious merit sponsored by athletes.

• Lord Faust says:

Personally, the only use I have for the stuff is mixing Rockstar with my vodka. I call the concoction Satan’s Piss.