twitter google

Kyle Noke withdraws from UFC on FX 6 due to injury

An intriguing battle between welterweights has been scratched from the December 14 lineup for UFC on FX 6, as Kyle Noke was recently revealed to have suffered an injury while training for the bout and has withdrawn as a result. Noke was scheduled to face Seth Baczynski at the event.

UFC officials confirmed the lineup’s change earlier today. A replacement for Noke is expected to be found, meaning Baczynski should still have an opportunity to go for his fifth straight win in the Octagon come showtime.

Noke, who is no doubt disappointed considering the lost opportunity to fight in front of his fellow Aussies, has looked relatively sharp since his stint on TUF 11. The 32-year old has compiled a record of 20-6-1 thus far in his career, scoring four wins under the UFC banner including a knockout of Charlie Brenneman last month at UFC 152.

UFC on FX 6 is headlined by a middleweight meeting between TUF: Australia vs. UK coaches George Sotiropoulos- Ross Pearson with other featured fights including Chad Mendes-Hacran Dias and Hector Lombard-Rousimar Palhares.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

2 COMMENTS
  • AlphaOmega says:

    Wonder what kind of injury? Sucks for him, hopefully the training injury bug isn’t starting up full force again.

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

  • GIKE MOLDBERG says:

    Injuries causing changed fights in MMA are going to keep on happening until the fighters start training differently-with so many variables in defense and offense it;s not going to be easy

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

LEAVE A COMMENT!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Follow 5OZ