twitter google

Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson cleared for competition after passing random drug tests

A few weeks back news came to light stating UFC heavyweights Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson had submitted “out of competition” drug screenings to the Nevada Athletic Commission, providing an additional level of legitimacy to their upcoming bout on December 15 at the Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale. Though he had never tested positive before in the past, the spotlight was definitely on Carwin in the matter based on his association with an old steroids case and Nelson’s continued insinuations regarding Carwin currently using PEDs.

Now, with the NAC’s results having been released, Carwin has support to his claim of being a clean competitor. Both he and Nelson were revealed to have passed the test in a press release from the regulatory board.

Before taking to the Octagon next month, Carwin and Nelson are currently facing off as coaches on TUF 16 with episodes airing every Friday night leading up to the December event. Their personal rivalry has been well-documented over the past year with each taking public shots at the other for a variety of reasons ranging from character to, as previously stated, Carwin’s supposedly suspicious physique.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

3 COMMENTS
  • AlphaOmega says:

    This blows a lot of peoples theory that his knee injury would flare up before the testing happened.

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  • Rece Rock says:

    A month out before the fight makes me believe that any smart fighter whom uses PEDs and may be under a trainers care would have already cycled off 4 weeks before the fight.

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

  • Niv says:

    Phew! I was really concerned about Nelson, I always had suspicions but I guess I was wrong, he’s clean!

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 2 Thumb down 1

LEAVE A COMMENT!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Follow 5OZ