UFC on FOX 5 Bonuses: Scott Jorgensen emerges as evening’s big winner with $130,000

Yves EdwardsTonight’s UFC on FOX 5 lineup delivered a number of notable performances including those from the evening’s featured efforts. However, it was an undercard competitor who came away with the show’s biggest prize, as Scott Jorgensen scored two event-specific bonuses for his comeback win against John Albert.

The 30-year old WEC veteran earned his boost in salary by surviving an early onslaught from Albert and ultimately submitting the Ultimate Fighter 15 alumnus. Jorgensen’s victory came by way of Rear-Naked Choke with a few decimals short of a second remaining in the rumble’s opening round, netting him Submission of the Night honors as well as a role in the card’s Fight of the Night. Each distinction was worth $65,000.

Albert was also awarded $65,000 for his showing in the bout.

Also earning an extra $65,000 for his trouble, lightweight Yves Edwards scored Knockout of the Night for finishing Jeremy Stephens with a brutal series of strikes a little less than two minutes into their match-up. The stoppage marked the first time Stephens had ever been put away outside of being tapped out and improved Edwards’ overall record to 42-18-1.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• Richard Stabone says:

Clearly a night where there should be multiple KOTN bonuses awarded….hopefully the other guys got some too.

• Richard Stabone says:

And of course the real KOTN goes to Marquez… man did Pacquiao ran right into that shot.

• Dr.Stoppage says:

It’s cool to see Jorgensen has also cured his skin affliction.
    And I mean that.
    Awesome fight.

• If I were shogun and Alexander I’d.be pissed that I didnt get fotn.

• Dufresne says:

If I were shogun and Alexander I’d.be pissed that I didnt get fotn.

Agreed. Jorgensen’s fight was good, but I thought Shogun/Gustafsson were shoo ins for the FotN bonus.

• elsicilian says:

you could have hit Henry Martinez with a lead pipe and he wouldn’t have gone down, so I thought Cruickshank deserved KOTN for finally putting that guy away with a sweet head kick …

• Brendhan Conlan says:

Cruickshank’s KO even made Sportscenter’s Top 10 plays.

• hindsightufuk says:

great to see Yves get a good payday but Cruickshank’s head kick was the winner all day

• Screenplaya says:

You know it was a great night of finishes when literally no one is suggesting that Matt Brown’s destruction of Mike Swick deserved KOTN. And, the truth is, as wicked as it was, it really isn’t even in the running.

I think Cruikshank deserved it most, but KOing a verteran who has never been KOed is also worthy of consideration, obviously.

Great night of fights, all around.