Michael Bisping predicts “easy night” against Vitor Belfort

Vitor BelfortUFC middleweight Vitor Belfort may not have the prettiest record but there’s a reason he’s viewed by most as one of MMA’s legitimate legends. “The Phenom” is powerful, precise, and surprisingly quick. He’s also got a warrior’s mentality in terms of taking any tilt thrown his way, even going so far as to nearly finish 205-pound champion Jon Jones on short notice a few months back.

However, Belfort’s next opponent – Michael Bisping – isn’t overly concerned about the Brazilian’s past accomplishments or in-ring arsenal. In fact, he apparently doesn’t even know if he’ll break a sweat en route to beating Belfort on January 19 at UFC on FX 7.

“I can go 5×5 standing on my head. I don’t think Vitor Belfort can do the same thing, and after round one, he’s gonna be a walking punching bag and it’s gonna be an easy night for ‘The Count,’” said Bisping in a conversation with MMAInterviews. “He has the body of the lion but the legs of a chicken and the heart of a chicken, which I’ll show.”

Bisping did give Belfort credit for being dangerous in the early phases of a fight, saying he respected the veteran’s abilities even if he wasn’t worried about becoming a victim of them.

“I believe I can beat him. I believe I’m the better fighter,” concluded Bisping.

The 33-year old Brit will enter the bout with an overall record of 23-4 including wins in five of his last six scraps. Comparably, Belfort is 21-10 with success against a number of notable opponents such as Wanderlei Silva and Rich Franklin.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• AlphaOmega says:

Does anyone else think Bisping’s trash talk seems forced more lately?

• moosebaby02 says:

MMA Gods please give the world whats right and thats having Shitsbing faceup choking on his mouthgaurd

• Creature says:

Vitor is going to hurt Bisping early and often, and win by TKO in the 2nd or a UD.

• raker says:

I used to really like Bisping but his mouth has started to get on my nerves. It started with his TUF coaching stint against Hendo and has progressed since then. Enough whining about a title shot already!! Vitor has been nothing but a gentleman to his opponents and a strong competitor. I hope he knocks Bisping down a few notches just to shut him up for a while.

• darth_irritable says:

I don’t know that he’s actually trash-talking. I think he’s mostly calling it how he sees it. It’s the fact that he’s delusional makes it look like trash talking.

If you look at his speaking about Silva, it’s respectful (great champ/fighter etc) but delusional (I can win). Of course, that could be that he saw what happened to the last guy to trash-talk Silva.

hahaa Bisping is a douche.

Belfort came pretty damn close to submitting JJ, I think he’s going to knock the count down a peg.

• raker says:

“I think he’s mostly calling it how he sees it. It’s the fact that he’s delusional makes it look like trash talking”

Charles Manson calls it like he sees it too